Retro Fun Chat!!

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
K, here is how it works,

you just talk about ANYTHING you want about games or consoles before this generation, so anything before ps3, wii and 360,

all opinions will be welcomed

happy chatings :)

ill start it off,

ha, anyone remember the sega dreamcast?

you know some ppl think that the gamecube was the system that came in last place in the console wars, but it was really the sega dreamcast, they dreamcast was acctually part of that generation, thats not to say that the gamecube was a failer

Although kind of an unoriginal, I like it. I wish there were more talk of retro round here.

The Dreamcast is a box of enjoyment, it get's played more than the Wii in my house, Phantasy Star being the most popular, then Jet Grind Radio.

I just bought a SNES for $2 without the cables, a few days ago I bought Zelda: A Link to the Past for $5 so I can't wait to play it.

I've been looking for some AV cables for the Dreamcast and Genesis, but no luck so far.

What systems do you own?

i own, snes, sega genesis, playstaion, n64, gamecube and ps2 and a wii, almost all of them get some play time at one point or another, specially my ps1, its connected to a small tv in my basement, but i still get loads of fun of it

anybody have any good old games right now?

its to bad this topic isnt really popular, everybody really only cares about the present, they need to relize that without PONG, there is no wii, ps3 or 360

Game.com
The first touch screen console
Shame the games where bad quality

Dreamcast was actually better then GC, IMO.
I own...
NES (toploader),SNES, Genesis (4 of 'em XD ), SEGA CD, 32X, Lynx, Gameboy Color, , Gameboy Pocket, N64, PS1(and PSX), Dreamcast, Gamecube (GBA player), X-Box, PS2 (X4), PSP, Gameboy Advance (X2), Gameboy Micro, DS (X2) Wii, Sex-Box 360.
Meh list really compared to what I could have had.

Tails McCloud~ said:
Dreamcast was actually better then GC, IMO.
I own...
NES (toploader),SNES, Genesis (4 of 'em XD ), SEGA CD, 32X, Lynx, Gameboy Color, , Gameboy Pocket, N64, PS1(and PSX), Dreamcast, Gamecube (GBA player), X-Box, PS2 (X4), PSP, Gameboy Advance (X2), Gameboy Micro, DS (X2) Wii, Sex-Box 360.
Meh list really compared to what I could have had.

well i actually think that ur right, because i play the dreamcast and it was funner then the gc but its cant be compared in the longrun

I was playing the two Capcom Classics Collections earlier- brilliant stuff. Well alright, there's a few turds (the original Street Fighter is even worse than you might have heard), but overall it's fairly good. I reckon they should do a new Strider or Bionic Commando.

is the wii making any plans to make a street fighter game????

It wouldnt be Nintendo, it would be Capcom, and no, not that we know of at the moment.

Yeah, the original Street Fighter is as bad as ****.

I own a few consoles myself and I’m a retro nut at the moment. Definitely the older games just own over some of the newer ones that are being released at the moment.

I recently got a hold of Super Double Dragon, oh, the fun.

i can remember the first video game i ever played, its still one of my favourite games of all time, super mario world, that was a very fun game, its just so amazing to think that i 20 years we went from PONG to something a advanced as this generation consoles, just imagine what we'll have in the next 20..oh the possibilities

My first Game was Sonic The Hedgehog way back in '91 like a week after it came out.
Still play the original cartridge. Good thing there is no saving. A memory battery would have went dry long ago.
=]

basicly, my dumb-ass sister moved out in 1990 and took the family Intellevision and all the games with her (including the voice box) since I had NES, gameoy, etc. A year later I asked for the system and my mother said that my sister threw it away because it was "broken"......the dumb ***** probably had it on channel 5 or something.....anyways, I hate her and now she is rich (married a dude with tons of money) and what do you think I ever get from her? not ****.......she owes me. Thats ok, I taught her children to use foul language.

I thought Dreamcast was pretty damned good for its time, it just couldnt compete against the PS2 hype.

Street Fighter I WAS a chunk of turd.....I have it on MAME.....

Super Double Dragon???????? What was THAT on???? Sounds VERY interesting.....I would love to get a rom.

Speaking of Roms, any big collectors on this board? (tip-toeing on broken glass).....Lets just say, I have a "decent" collection (every rom from atari, intellevision, NEs, Gen, SNES, SegaMastr, Arcade, etc........) but I assure you, they are all legal backups ;-)

Mame is probably my favorite....you can play the arcade versions that were totaly different, like Contra and Double Dragon......also, you can play an arm wrestling game from 1979 that looks mysteriously like Mike Tysons Punch out, or a japanese version of qix with boobies....your thoughts?

omg......i just found an earthbound on snes today at a flea market...$4...this is awsome...:lol:

Back