Retro Fun Chat!!

I wish I had never got rid of my Atari 400 and all its games .
I actually still have an 800xl and a few tape based games .
Need to download some Space Invaders .Have been playing Defender on my PC recently .

zapasant93 said:
is the wii making any plans to make a street fighter game????

The wii can make games ?

Street fighter 2 something is on the VC

But capcoms lateset beat-em-up looks a bit like Hukoto no ken
Nothing has been said about SF4

I actually started gaming on an Apple II GS when I was 4 years old. It was Donkey Kong that got me hooked. :) I remember being so good that my dad was asking me for tips.

What I miss, and what I really think of when people say retro is the arcade scene. The one we have today is a pale comparison of what we had 15 years ago. When I was 14 or 15 I went down to the local hole-in-the-wall arcade where they had a pretty lackluster collection. But in the back they had this ginormagantuous Marvel vs. Capcom machine where the kids from my highschool would get together and spend our hard earned quarters.

No console accomplishment will EVER compare to the feeling you get when people CHEER for you as you beat your eigth opponent in a row.

I went into an arcade a couple weeks ago and it was just a sad little ghost town. I even spotted a marvel vs. capcom machine, but it was in the back near the 30 year old pinball machines, sandwiched between a dance dance revolution and a crappy racer.

Crap, I feel old now. I'm one step away from sitting on a rocking chair and complaining about those punk kids skateboarding on the sidewalk.

Anyone actually ever beat Chakan: The Forever Man on Genesis/MegaDrive?
*Without using a ROM*

Tails McCloud~ said:
@Conan - Ultamate Qix?

lol, there are a few Japanese arcade games called Gal's Panic. Its like qix, but as you unlock a percentage of the screen, it reveals a photo of a "hot" asian "chick". Some of them are hot, and some of them look like trannys with 70's bushes. If you take too much time, the amount of picture you have revealed flips, to show either Freddy Kruger, or Pinhead, or some horror creature, which is probably easier to beat it to than the forementioned tranny.

I had Qix on gambeoy, pretty decent damned game.

Thanks Supanova, bout to check that game out.

anyone ever played a comodore ?

I actually thought Space Harrier ll was fun as hell.

Pikachu256 said:
Killer Instinct was fun fun fun! lol I right now would rather have my SNES and N64 than an Xbox360

:lol:....i use to butt on that game....,alot of combo combinations

i think im going to get back into the older games again. VC has made me realize that older games are just as fun as newer ones.

time to pull out the old SNES and find a place that actually sells games for it.

i need to find an n64 too.. but i have no idea where to look.

Conan the Librarian said:
basicly, my dumb-ass sister moved out in 1990 and took the family Intellevision and all the games with her (including the voice box) since I had NES, gameoy, etc. A year later I asked for the system and my mother said that my sister threw it away because it was "broken"......the dumb ***** probably had it on channel 5 or something.....anyways, I hate her and now she is rich (married a dude with tons of money) and what do you think I ever get from her? not ****.......she owes me. Thats ok, I taught her children to use foul language.
LMAO
lol :p

Back