Retro Games on the Wii

gavin.worrall

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Hey all,

i have a wii question for you all! haha, see what i done there? i crack myself up.....

Anyways i have trying to find out some info on the retro games available for the Wii from other nintendo platforms. All i could find from the N64 was mario 64......can anyone tell me whether Goldeneye will available to download at any stage? cuz that would push me over the edge and i would have to buy a wii tomorow if i thought that would happen.

Gavin

where does the downloaded games go.... Does the wii have a hard drive... i haven't heard that is does???

r1000 read the virtual console bit of this forum:crazy:..............and to ur question about goldeneye.........omg that is 1 of the best first persons lol its crrrrrayzzzzeeeeee init....i realy do hope it comes out on virtual console

Napalmbrain said:
Sorry, Rare games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark won't be available on the VC (except the Donkey Kong games).

Yep, Fraid so. Microsoft owns Rare now and so hold the rights to games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.
The only way to get them on the VC would be for Nintendo and Micro$oft to come to an agreement.
Also EA holds the rights to the James Bond titles now so Nintendo would have to get their permission too.

I would really love to see Goldeneye on the VC but it looks very doubtful :(

Alas, no GOLDENEYE

Thanks for the replys lads/ladies,

I have to say you have done nothing short of breaking my old heart, no GOLDENEYE for the VC, that takes the cake. I think both Microsoft and EA should have a wii think about what they are holding, its sheer electronic gold! I think once microsoft get wind that about 10 million people want goldeneye on the VC they are likely to buy the licensing off EA and offer it to Nintendo at an extortionate amount. But even that won't work, cause nintendo wouldn't make any changes (example: 8 players being able to run around the facility slaughtering and laughing, living and dying) without the original Rare team, bloody good bunch of guys them Rare boys.

Anyways i', away to lick my wounds and decide whether to get drunk as a fool for a week or buy a Wii......what do you suggest?

gavin.worrall said:
Thanks for the replys lads/ladies,

I have to say you have done nothing short of breaking my old heart, no GOLDENEYE for the VC, that takes the cake. I think both Microsoft and EA should have a wii think about what they are holding, its sheer electronic gold! I think once microsoft get wind that about 10 million people want goldeneye on the VC they are likely to buy the licensing off EA and offer it to Nintendo at an extortionate amount. But even that won't work, cause nintendo wouldn't make any changes (example: 8 players being able to run around the facility slaughtering and laughing, living and dying) without the original Rare team, bloody good bunch of guys them Rare boys.

Anyways i', away to lick my wounds and decide whether to get drunk as a fool for a week or buy a Wii......what do you suggest?

:hand:

Lucky you, you never were any good at thon Goldeneye, save you a bit of humiliation if a ps2 player like me buys a wii and slaughtered you at it :aureola: :yesnod: :zzz: :sick:

Back