Returning Wii games sans Receipt?

courtwshr1

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2007
I received a Wii game as a gift - but I would really like to return it. Unfortunately I do not have a gift receipt, and do not want to ask the gift-giver for a receipt because I do not want to offend him. The game is still sealed in it's package. Does anyone know of store that accepts game returns for store credit/exchange? The only other alternative I can think of is selling on Ebay for a loss. Any other ideas?

what about the shop called game.what game you got when did you get your wii can i get your wii number and ill add you.

I'm not sure why the game would matter - but it happens to be "Cooking Mama: Cook Off"

courtwshr1 said:
I'm not sure why the game would matter - but it happens to be "Cooking Mama: Cook Off"

maybye he wants to buy it off you.:yesnod:

...why anyone would want to buy Cooking Mama is beyond me....but hey, if someone wants it - please PM me. Otherwise - can we get back on track here? Anyone know of a way to return/exchange sealed games for their retail value?

I had a similar problem and if you don't have a receipt stores like Gamestop will only give you trade in credit for the game not a full refund/exchange. There is a reason for that, if you didn't buy it from them then they lose money on the return unless they can sell the game which may not happen immediately.

Dr. Mom

Take it to Wal-Mart. Just tell them you got it as a gift and the gift giver said they bought it at Wal-Mart. They'll give you store credit as long as the game is sealed. I've done this many times, with most of the games having been purchased elsewhere.

i just ask them if they still have the recipt and tell them the game doesnt work and am going to get a new one

Wal Mart is the only place I can think of that will exchange it.

I tried to trade a sealed game at GameStop. They wouldn't give me HALF of what it was worth. Only $13.00 (for a $40 game) I ended up selling it on Ebay. Didn't take a loss. On Wii games, you almost never take a loss, even with used games.

Wal Mart didn't have this game at the time, or I would have taken it there. I WOULD actually like to have Cooking Mamma. (I'm a dork.. yes, I know.. lol) But I just don't have the money for another game right now.

This time of year it is pretty easy to exchange things. I got a copy of Super Paper Mario for Christmas after borrowing it from a friend and beating it. I went to Best Buy and said I wanted to swap for another game and didn't have a receipt because it was a gift.

It was no trouble.

Now that's weird...because I specifically went to Best Buy and they said they can only return/exchange if I have a receipt. Maybe I'll try again and get lucky...

wal mart & circuit city both take returns for an exchange.

wal mart is really easy. most times you can either get a gift card or a different game, or maybe even cash back if it's still sealed, which you say it is.

circuit city i went to customer service & told them i recieved the game as a gift & told them i didn't have a gift receipt. they told me as long as they had the game on the shelves they could take it.

i'd go to circuit city just for the fact that they have more of a selection when it comes to games.

courtwshr1 said:
Now that's weird...because I specifically went to Best Buy and they said they can only return/exchange if I have a receipt. Maybe I'll try again and get lucky...

Well, I did say I wanted to swap for another game and didn't ask for store credit. Maybe they would have not done it for store credit. I'm not entirely sure.

Good luck

Back