Reviews for COD3 and Excite Truck are out

mrserv0n248

WiiChat Member
Nov 14, 2006
Excite truck got a 6.8 at gamespot. No surprise there, I played it and it was dull which was their complaint also.

Cod3 got a 7.7 through IGN, who is generally much more lenient than gamespot , which is scary. They said graphics are about as good as a regular xbox, no biggie or shock there, But they did have control issues which is the scary thing about the Wii, trouble throwing grenades through the assigned movement, it wasn't registering 100% and a lot of trouble with some of the more fast paced movements such as melee combat against the germans. No multiplayer and no online, way to BLOW COD3 for the WII. :mad:

the biggest letdown for cod3 was that, 360 version has online, which is what its really about. they are expecting online too much, and to be honest pple that dont have an internet/good connection do not care about online. still might get it, from what i've seen it seems great. :)

I'm getting kinda worried about getting the Wii, now. After reading that review, it makes it seem like the one good thing that sets the Wii apart from the other systems is flawed.

the_peripheral said:
I'm getting kinda worried about getting the Wii, now. After reading that review, it makes it seem like the one good thing that sets the Wii apart from the other systems is flawed.

Don't be, read the reviews for Zelda or the previews (not sure if a review is out) for Ultimate Alliance. Some games are going to take poor advantage of the controller, but the technology works, and there are games out their to prove just how fun it can be.

I've read 4 reviews on Zelda, and it seems to be the only game getting really good reviews. I hope Nintendo doesn't mess this all up the way they did for the Gamecube. I'm glad this system is only $250 because if it fails miserably, like I'm worried that it's going to, I will not have spent too much money on it.

You gotta have faith and take some things into consideration. I doubt hardly any games, if any at all will truly take full advantage of the wii's motion sensitive capabilities. It's brand new never before used, it will take time for developers to get it right. It's already proved that the wii's motion sensitivity is spot on pixel perfect. Just got to be patient for the developers to get their games up to par. Same thing with the graphics we are seeing on the wii. They will get better. Look at PS2 games that have came out lately as compared to the launch titles for it. Just be patient and don't doubt the wii.

I'm trying not to because honestly, I despise Microsoft and Sony and I love Nintendo but I just worry because they've had the same formula for every system's games since the beginning. It needs more mature games, and it needs to realize that making ports of games is NOT the way to go.

I agree with you on the need of more mature games. I believe the wii's motion sensitive capabilities will draw in developer's especially FPS's, and we will see more mature and adult games. I'd also say its safe to say Nintendo's wanting to get back on top after the gamecube's "failure". They have seen what ppl say about not having enough mature games and realize all the kids that played there first gen systems, now are older and would like more mature games. I think in time, the Wii will come out on top of this generations console war's and no one will see it coming.

let's hope so... i'm hoping that sports game will come... nhl, nba, golf, ... Let's hope EA goes with the wii in a big way!

I hope you're right. I'm picking one up as soon as I possibly can get my hands on one...I just really hope it's as good as I know it can be. I've felt like Nintendo hasn't listened to anything people have been saying since even the N64 days, where people were saying the games were KIDDIE games...they've made a few really good mature games, but like I said, they definitely need a lot more.

The Wii will definitely shape up... it's just going to take time. Developers don't have their grips yet, especially 3rd party developers. The one thing I am worried about is online play... they promised it with the Cube and didn't do anything about it. If they do the same with the Wii, you can guarantee mine is going on eBay.

Yeah, I want online, too. Especially since I don't know anybody who is going to be getting a Wii. I need somebody to play with!

Back