Ridiculous and Unholy Amount of Madden 2008 Online Lag

metalfreak

THE Beast
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Wii Online Code
2856-3740-5359-2869
is this just my problem? ive looked around and seed posts similar but their sort of outdated and was wondering if most people still suffer from my fate? i like to think i am quite decent at madden given the fact that i beat all my friends most of the time and have pretty good football knowledge for the most part. problem being: Whenever I play Maddeno 2008 Online with my Wii I suffer from a 1.5-2.5 second lag between my actions and when my actions are displayed onscreen. This was noticeable from the gitgo, after playing a game or 2 offline to get the feel i went online and everything from choosing plays with the D-pad and Analog Stick, to picking the play with A, to choosing a reciever, to MOVING MY PLAYER, to making the wii-mote gestures is ALLLL lagged.

does every1 have these problems or is it just my crappy connection? (Moh h2 runs flawlessly mind you, as well as my internet channel and other channel functions) if so were switching to verizon fiber optic within weeks so maybe itll be better then (i have a wireless linksys router, dsl connection)

otherwise a fantastic game, love franchise as always

When playing Madden 08 online, i find some games seem to run ok and other are just painfully laggy. Most of the time you can tell if someone is laggin' by the team selection page.
When you are choosing your team, check out how much lag there is between the time up switch from one team to the next. If it seems to hang up between teams(or take too long), you know that your opponent has a terrible connection. Try that out. Seems to work for me. That's what I do.:p

I have horrific lag too, even checked my connection on dslreports, and i'm getting a very awesome connection.

I also get a lot of a failure to connects, but whatever.

Its awful, and its everyone. No matter how good your connection is, the lag is always there. Experienced players are all used to it now, cuz you have to throw earlier, blitzing every time is sometimes affective because of the lag...so many strategies arise due to the lag issues.

uloseiwin said:
Its awful, and its everyone. No matter how good your connection is, the lag is always there. Experienced players are all used to it now, cuz you have to throw earlier, blitzing every time is sometimes affective because of the lag...so many strategies arise due to the lag issues.

thats wat aggravates me, i got this game late i guess bc im not willing to pile up losses to experienced "lag exploiters" when i kno im a good madden player w/o lag

i wanted to hop online and test my raw madden skill against ppl...not my ability to manipulate the flaws of the game by blitzing and throwing a pass like 3 seconds early...thats ridiculous

what types of internet do ppl have? im getting verizon fiber optic soon and i have time warner dsl now...think ill see improvement?

Back