Ridley in Brawl.

Your counterpoints are the same points you made earlier. So, like I said, no one is listening to one another.

mushroomedmario said:
i'm just going to completly ignore this.....
And that was one of the important points, too.

mushroomedmario said:
NO THEY DON'T

kojima designed snake
and designers from twilight princess designed link, ganondorf, zelda and sheik

-i agree with shoko, your points are just getting repetetive
Proof? I doubt they brought in a whole other team of programmers just to design some characters and stages.

Unless you mean the actual drawn character designs. Than no duh, those were already drawn.

And you're points aren't? You haven't given me a single valid point, mushroomed.
I've actually stopped reading your posts because you don't look at facts.

Shoko said:
Ok........but why the hell would Sakurai make him fight in his casual clothes? Like you said, Samus was in her orange suit in the beggining, but she clould ACTUALLY FIGHT IN THAT SUIT. What you just said proved absolutely no point.

You're saying that Samus is based off of her Metroid Prime 3 design, when she isn't.

Meaning that your theory on all characters using the newest design is false.

Meaning that your reasoning for Ridley having to HAVE to use the Metroid Prime 3 design is false.

Shoko said:
Really AtomicB, your last couple of post have made no point. Everything you've been saying have been like neutral statements......

I'll say this AGAIN....

Maybe if you would actually read them...

Shoko said:
Ridley is too big....is he not?

Answer that dang question already lol.

Ridley IS NOT to big.
I repeat. Ridley is not to big.

Look, People know that ridley can be downsized, But What would his moveset be? And he won't look to good if they downsized him TOO much. He would look horrible.

Plus, Ridley has wings
Bowser Does not!

Bowser looks BETTER downsized, and Ridley, meh.

What, were not gonna use the latest model?
The one from the Melee cutscene?

NO!
That time, It looked like it was going SPASTIC! ~~

How would THAT attack?

mushroomedmario said:
you've stopped reading my posts but you quote them and reply to them

wow you've got skillz

Well, see.. he knows what you're going to say.. because you say the same thing every time.

Vdogam3r said:
Plus, Ridley has wings
Bowser Does not!

How's that even a point? Charizard has wings too. (And Ridley will probably be roughly Charizard's size.

AtomicB said:
Ridley IS NOT to big.
I repeat. Ridley is not to big.

How? Where's you proof? Your saying that he wouldn't take up all of Battlefield?

You're saying that Samus is based off of her Metroid Prime 3 design, when she isn't.

AtomicB said:
Meaning that your theory on all characters using the newest design is false.

Meaning that your reasoning for Ridley having to HAVE to use the Metroid Prime 3 design is false.

It could be either way. think about it. He suit in MP3 was shiny, and it's shiny in Brawl. so Sakurai could've based it off of MP3 or it could've just been the fact that he wanted to show more detail. So I'm not wrong.

Either way, you have to agree with me on the fact that Sakurai would use the Prime Series Ridley.

nic7 said:
Well, see.. he knows what you're going to say.. because you say the same thing every time.

How's that even a point? Charizard has wings too. (And Ridley will probably be roughly Charizard's size.

yeah but ridley's wings cover the whole screen

charizards are small wings behind his back that are hardly noticeable

when we're talking big characters, i think that makes a difference

(note-i'm just saying this is another reason why he would look awkward, i don't think that this alone is a good enough reason, it just a LITTLE thing that adds on to his awkwardness)

Last edited:
Vdogam3r said:
And he won't look to good if they downsized him TOO much. He would look horrible.

Plus, Ridley has wings
Bowser Does not!

Vdogam3r said:
What, were not gonna use the latest model?
The one from the Melee cutscene?

NO!
That time, It looked like it was going SPASTIC! ~~

WOW! YOU COULDNT BE CLOSER TO THE BULL"S-EYE! YOU JUST HIT ALL OF MY POINtS. I couldnt agree with you anymore.

Really look at what he said Atmoic (and Nic)

Some people say Bowser got shrunk, and he looks OK, so the same thing would happen the Ridley. But you must consider the WINGS factor. Plus, he's a dragon, and like I said earlier, Dragons are supposed to be BIG.

That Ridley in the SSBM opening was UGLY!! It looked like a deformed retarted child of Ridley, not Ridley himself!

METROID PRIME 3: CORRUPTION VERSION
02.jpg

BRAWL VERSION
01.jpg

Differences:
Shoulder Pads are larger.
Shoulder Pad Fins are larger.
Helmet design is different.
Visor has different shape.
Breast Plate has a different design.
Shoes have different design.

There. NOW do you believe me when I say that here Brawl version isn't the same as the Metroid Prime 3 version?

Meaning that not all the characters use the newest design.
Meaning Ridley does NOT have to be as big as he was in Prime 3.
Meaning yadda yadda yadda.

Meaning that if Sakurai really wants, he can do THIS!...
samus_ridley.jpg

Wow AtomicB, those details were so small that they don't even matter. I mean, The boots? really Atomic? the green thing on her chest? The lines on her helmet? C'mon. And her shoulder pads look like the same size to me.

Last edited:
Shoko said:
Plus, Ridley has wings
Bowser Does not!

WOW! YOU COULDNT BE CLOSER TO THE BULL"S-EYE! YOU JUST HIT ALL OF MY POINtS. I couldnt agree with you anymore.

Really look at what he said Atmoic (and Nic)

Some people say Bowser got shrunk, and he looks OK, so the same thing would happen the Ridley. But you must consider the WINGS factor. Plus, he's a dragon, and like I said earlier, Dragons are supposed to be BIG.

That Ridley in the SSBM opening was UGLY!! It looked like a deformed retarted child of Ridley, not Ridley himself!

So, you're saying you don't trust Sakurai did fix Ridley into a more "Ridley like" Ridley? Because, I for one agree that the Ridley from the Melee footage is ugly. But, give Sakurai's team some credit. Look at Pit and Ice Climbers. They had next to nothing to work with there and they came up with 2 very nice looking characters.

I don't think we would have to worry about Ridley being hard to maneuver or look at (Saying as the game's been delayed for over a year and 1/4)

AtomicB said:
METROID PRIME 3: CORRUPTION VERSION
02.jpg

BRAWL VERSION
01.jpg

Differences:
Shoulder Pads are larger.
Shoulder Pad Fins are larger.
Helmet design is different.
Visor has different shape.
Breast Plate has a different design.
Shoes have different design.

There. NOW do you believe me when I say that here Brawl version isn't the same as the Metroid Prime 3 version?

Meaning that not all the characters use the newest design.
Meaning Ridley does NOT have to be as big as he was in Prime 3.
Meaning yadda yadda yadda.

Meaning that if Sakurai really wants, he can do THIS!...
samus_ridley.jpg

idn man, you did as good as you could, but do those differences really matter? I mean for the MOST part she looks the same

like even if you compare link you can find the same amount of design differences, and on the dojo it says his design is based on it....

even sakurai said on the past melee stages update, he can't replicate stff perfectly

We’ve tried to create an exact replica, but there may be a few areas that differ from the last game. I hope you understand.

Shoko said:
Wow AtomicB, those details were so small that they don't even matter. I mean, The boots? really Atomic? the green thing on her chest? C'mon. And her shoulder pads look like the same size to me.

As subtle as they may be they're still differences.
And they prove my point.

Please stop cutting corners.
I mean, I can just as easily say something like,

"Wings, wow, you're really getting desperate aren't you, Shoko?".

Shoko said:
:lol: You're seriously bringing opinions in? I think you've run out of points.

mushroomedmario said:
idn man, you did as good as you could, but do those differences really matter? I mean for the MOST part she looks the same

like even if you compare link you can find the same amount of design differences, and on the dojo it says his design is based on it....

even sakurai said on the past melee stages update, he can't replicate stff perfectly

Like I said. They're still differences. You're guys points are mainly opinion and fake patterns, anyways.

nic7 said:
They had next to nothing to work with there and they came up with 2 very nice looking characters.

But they had something to work with Ridley...but they did something different, and the outcome was ugly!!

nic7 said:
I don't think we would have to worry about Ridley being hard to maneuver or look at (Saying as the game's been delayed for over a year and 1/4)

Umm, it would be hard to control something as big as him. And then, you got the wiimote sideways......i know ur thinking that you can conrtol giga, and he's big, but wat about the parts when your not on the ground? you know, when your gliding.

Back