Right, It's Come Down To This: A Vote - PS3 or 360

crazyman2 said:
I was gonna say the same thing about posting in the ps3 section. seems to me like you've made up your decision. Ok here's a trick, get someone to flip a coin for it and before that person tells you if its heads or tails, let yourself feel which one your hopeing for, heads or tails. there's your answer =)
As I just said below:
Lewi T said:
I posted this in the PS3 section because there's another thread by Cyan here that basically gives peoples opinions on the two, like pro's and con's, etc. So I thought I'd add this along with it. I probably should have put it in the Lounge, but the description states 'for all your non-gaming needs' or something, so I could imagine people to complain (knowing some people).
As I said in the original post:
Lewi T said:
I've flipped a coin (but still questioned the outcome)

T3kNi9e said:
Yes, exactly. I own all three consoles lol. I have played both PS3 and Xbox 360 alot.
Oh yeah I realised you'd already said that you own all 3 in a previous post, I've already counted your vote!

highroller said:
Sending the console 5 times to repairs means good quality? In my book no. I have the Wii and PS3 and they are good. I am just sick with the 360 mediocrity, not only RROD, game freezing, lags (while reading content of the disc while playing, or getting black screens suddenly while playing, and the only solution is to reset the 360 to play again, until the next time)

PS3 and Wii have never scratched a disk, 360 screwed a Gears of War disc brand new, without moving the console, just playing. Bad quality, bad hardware

These are facts, not a paid written fixed report.

The original XBOX was solid, the 360 is too unreliable. SO I will never recommend a product that it looks never had a Quality Assurance Test and was released to the public with flaws.

You dont even own a 360, shut up. I have all 3. My PS3 hasnt scratched a CD, but ive seen people post about it. My Wii HAS scratched my Godfather CD, and my 360 hasnt scratched a CD or gotten RROD. Its different for everyone, stop talking. You are a 360 hater and its quite obvious by what you just said so your opinion should not even be taken serious. And even if my 360 did get RROD, I wouldnt give a **** because it has 3 year warranty and I can just play my ps3 or Wii until its replaced.

Lewi T said:
@T3kNi9e and highroller: Sorry I guess I wasn't too clear, by experience, I meant like how much you have played each, or whether you own both, etc.

I posted this in the PS3 section because there's another thread by Cyan here that basically gives peoples opinions on the two, like pro's and con's, etc. So I thought I'd add this along with it. I probably should have put it in the Lounge, but the description states 'for all your non-gaming needs' or something, so I could imagine people to complain (knowing some people).

Do you own both consoles by the way or?
no i dont own both consoles, why would i? you have to be an idiot to buy a 360 and ps3 atm unless youre going for the trio.

I have Both Consoles, play them regularly.

while i play my 360 more now, later this year im going to be playing my PS3 a LOT more. great year for PS3, its going to be.

good luck with your decision, PS3 Gets my vote

EDIT:
crazyman2 said:
I was gonna say the same thing about posting in the ps3 section. seems to me like you've made up your decision. Ok here's a trick, get someone to flip a coin for it and before that person tells you if its heads or tails, let yourself feel which one your hopeing for, heads or tails. there's your answer =)
easier way to do it is flip a coin and if you find yourself regretting the outcome, or if u feel at all disappointed go with the other.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
no i dont own both consoles, why would i? you have to be an idiot to buy a 360 and ps3 atm unless youre going for the trio.
Well you might have bought the 360 when it came out, and recently got a PS3. Plus quite a few people have both, so there was every possibility that you could have both as well. I will assume you just have a 360 then.

SensesFail said:
easier way to do it is flip a coin and if you find yourself regretting the outcome, or if u feel at all disappointed go with the other.
Yeah I tried that, and whichever one came out (I can't remember), I questioned myself asking "well what about such and such on the other", and once that happened I couldn't go with flipping a coin, because whichever came out I would always wonder about the other one. That leaves me thinking that whichever one I do get, I'm always going to wonder about the other for maybe a week or so (after that I'll probably be too pleased with what I have to be bothered about the other one, hopefully), that's why the deadline for my decision is Friday (end of exams), otherwise I'd always be trying to decide, and would end up never being able to choose! Whichever one I get I know I'll be extremely pleased with, so I'm just looking forward to Friday to buying it!

Now I've been reading the forums for quite some time. Debating on a 360 or a PS3, and I finally figured out that I'm going to buy me a PS3. For me it came down to the game's. Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5, Devil May Cry 4 and more. The only reason I even thought of buying a 360 was for Army of Two & Assassin's Creed. But I then found out that they are both out on the PS3. And Halo wasn't enough of a reason for me to go with the 360.

I Have Both And I Say Xbox 360 Heres One Of My Big Reasons
I Had Xbox 360 Since It Came Out 3 Years And I Had Ps3 Since It Came Out Last Game And I Say 360 My Ps3 Already Broke And I Have To Send It Back To Sony It Sucks And They Dont Make Any 60 Gbs Any More Either Only 80 And 40

360 NO DOUBT... Yes its money to go online but great online play, Halo 3, awesome games, Halo 3, good huge fanbase, Halo 3, friends and stuff, Halo 3, and other stuff.... O and Halo 3

bamblakopz said:
360 NO DOUBT... Yes its money to go online but great online play, Halo 3, awesome games, Halo 3, good huge fanbase, Halo 3, friends and stuff, Halo 3, and other stuff.... O and Halo 3
Do you have both consoles? If not, how much have you played the console that you don't have (guessing that it would be a PS3)?

I am constantly at my friends house who owns a PS3... He also went on vacation and lent me it for 2 weeks... He doesn't own it anymore because he sold it for a 360 and some games... I own the wii and my brother owns a 360... I played the ps3 a lot, I didn't like it that much... The six axis is added on to quick... They just wanted to do something different from the 360 so they copied the wii! The controller is basically a ps2 one but the triggers do feel nice... Graphics are great but so are the 360's and the online play was decent but u can do much more with the 360's... :D

bamblakopz said:
I am constantly at my friends house who owns a PS3... He also went on vacation and lent me it for 2 weeks... He doesn't own it anymore because he sold it for a 360 and some games... I own the wii and my brother owns a 360... I played the ps3 a lot, I didn't like it that much... The six axis is added on to quick... They just wanted to do something different from the 360 so they copied the wii! The controller is basically a ps2 one but the triggers do feel nice... Graphics are great but so are the 360's and the online play was decent but u can do much more with the 360's... :D

Xbox live is great now isn't it.....J/K.

I thought the sixaxis was already planned before nintendo announced specifics about the wii.

PS3 copied off 360 triggers. Even though triggers like that are cool, but on the PS3 it feels like the R2 and L2 buttons are broke or something. My brother said the same thing, he was like "wtf, felt like it was broke or something"

and right now the Live is fukkin gay. They better fix that **** soon, its really pissing me off. MS should have planned ahead for the christmas boom, its obvious a million or so were going to log on after christmas.

From someone who owns neither system but has played both fairly extensively, I would say PS3 if you don't own a blu-ray player, 360 otherwise. I'm not sure what games you'll want to play on the PS3 as I've played Resistance (nothing at all original), Warhawk (controls take awhile to get used to, lagged out a lot, but that might have just been my friends Internet), Ridge Racer VI or VII or whatever teh hell they're on now (if you haven't played a Ridge Racer before, don't start now) and Motorstorm (no features at all and my friend's copy broke after a few months).

I've got a Metal Gear nut for a friend, but I've never seen anything special in the franchise, but if you like it, it's good. Final Fantasy's coming, but that's just nostalga from VII in good graphics. There's HOME, I guess, if that A: ever comes out and B: anybody goes on (I wouldn't). Little Big Planet looks repetitive and probably won't be utilitzed enough. And that's all the games on the horizon that are PS3 exclusives that I can think of.

On the 360 front, there's Gears (which again, I think isn't all that special), DiRT (exceptional racer, probably one of my favorites), Halo 3 (you know what it is), a whole bunch of other FPS like Rainbow Six Vegas, Splinter Cell, and Bioshock. Then there's Mass Effect and some more racers.

Other than sequels, not too many exclusive titles coming 360's way, but there will be additional content for some games like GTA IV.

Anyways, bottom line:
PS3 for the Blu-Ray Player
360 if you don't have a good PC

Just my $0.02

Back