Right, It's Come Down To This: A Vote - PS3 or 360

hoogasian5 said:
I Have Both And I Say Xbox 360 Heres One Of My Big Reasons
I Had Xbox 360 Since It Came Out 3 Years And I Had Ps3 Since It Came Out Last Game And I Say 360 My Ps3 Already Broke And I Have To Send It Back To Sony It Sucks And They Dont Make Any 60 Gbs Any More Either Only 80 And 40

God hates people who lie in an argument. Getting people to believe you by lying is wrong kids, don't do it. [sarcasm] Coz i had a 360 tht broke in da 1st day and its braked 5 more times want tht 2 hapen 2 u? [/sarcasm].

Truth is, neither console is better than the other. They all have their advantages over eachother, pros and cons, that sort of thing. PS3 controllers are fine, the triggers work alot better than the origninal R2 and L2 because they don't fall out or screw up. Warhawk's sixaxis controls are awesome after you get used to them. People who say 360 graphics are better than ps3's (or visa versa) are wrong. Currently, ps3 and 360 graphics are on par with eachother, ps3 can be pushed further and has proven this. 360's graphics have changed substanially in two years, but I feel it's almost reached it's graphical limit.

Both consoles are fantastic, it's all down to what games you like. FF13 and MGS are on ps3, that and alot of other games are the reason I got the ps3. The only upcoming game that appeals to me on the 360 is Lost Odyssey. Can't wait till ps3 gets a Turn Based Strategy like that.

Kanyn said:
Now I've been reading the forums for quite some time. Debating on a 360 or a PS3, and I finally figured out that I'm going to buy me a PS3. For me it came down to the game's. Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5, Devil May Cry 4 and more. The only reason I even thought of buying a 360 was for Army of Two & Assassin's Creed. But I then found out that they are both out on the PS3. And Halo wasn't enough of a reason for me to go with the 360.
You need to research games better.

Devil May Cry 4 is on the 360 as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_360_games - Lists every 360 game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ps3_games - Lists every PS3 game.

Big_League_Slugger said:
Xbox live is great now isn't it.....J/K.

I thought the sixaxis was already planned before nintendo announced specifics about the wii.
PS3 announced the six axis thing a year after nintendo announced theres... ps3 copied.... BIG TIME

ill tally up the votes and edit my post in a few if i have time this class period.

HOME will be amazing, just consider that. and also, if u buy 360 plus a year of online its the same price as the PS3 with less features. PS3 has more than enough good games to blow your money on and keep you going as well.

ok as it stands

PS3-11
360-10

i did not count posts that said "both are good" i did not count multiple posters suggesting PS3 twice. i only counted those who clearly stated their vote.

Last edited:
SensesFail said:
ill tally up the votes and edit my post in a few if i have time this class period.

HOME will be amazing, just consider that. and also, if u buy 360 plus a year of online its the same price as the PS3 with less features. PS3 has more than enough good games to blow your money on and keep you going as well.

ok as it stands

PS3-11
360-10

i did not count posts that said "both are good" i did not count multiple posters suggesting PS3 twice. i only counted those who clearly stated their vote.
I've been keeping a private tally rather than updating it on here, as my tallying method may cause people to alter their contributions. Hence I will not be sharing it until the vote is over. It's nice to know that simply it is 11-10 to the PS3 though :thumbsup:

SensesFail said:

ok as it stands

PS3-11
360-10

Err, shouldn't that be left up to Lewi_T? As the post starter, he may decide to forgo the post counts, and may have seen an exclusive feature that swayed him.

Besides, you can't pretend to be referee and then have a spiel about why the PS3 is great.

This is a no spin zone! (I hate O'Reilly).

Hey LT ~

I've posted in a few of your PS3 or 360 threads (made a few contributions to the HD-D/BD too) - this is [DT] BTW :)

I'm still on the road, so I'll be a little more brief (I know my posts tend to ramble on :lol: )

The PS3 is more interesting to me - the inclusion of a BD player is a huge sell for me as it adds to my current HD-DVD player and allows me to play *every* HDM format (Side note: by my assessment HD-D is still a very valid HDM format).

We have no/low interest in online play - the wifey and I enjoy firing up a game, playing for a few hours - just the two of us. I don't need shooting games with kids yelling on headsets.

The media/computer/general use capabilities of the PS3 seem much more robust - this interests me, er, in what I'd call a "hobby" capacity - you know, maybe fooling around with the internet options, media playback/distribution, the alternate OS.

For us (I keep using the plural since we play together nearly 100% of the time), there are enough PS3 exclusives and "dual format" games to keep us plenty busy so there's no issue with game availability.

Good luck!

DT

Squall7 said:
Err, shouldn't that be left up to Lewi_T? As the post starter, he may decide to forgo the post counts, and may have seen an exclusive feature that swayed him.

Besides, you can't pretend to be referee and then have a spiel about why the PS3 is great.

This is a no spin zone! (I hate O'Reilly).
um.. i wasnt biased? i just counted them in case people were curious as to what console was winning? what does the fact i voted PS3 have to do with the 11-10 count? honestly, your post made little sense.

but to the OP, sorry i didnt know u were waiting till the end, i was bored in school, thought id try to make things easier on you lol.

SensesFail said:
um.. i wasnt biased? i just counted them in case people were curious as to what console was winning? what does the fact i voted PS3 have to do with the 11-10 count? honestly, your post made little sense.

but to the OP, sorry i didnt know u were waiting till the end, i was bored in school, thought id try to make things easier on you lol.
Lol no worries bud...I have a particular tallying method in mind so it doesn't really effect anything. I think I've made my mind up, but I won't be getting it until Friday so I'm still keeping a [slightly] open mind.

Squall7 said:
You need to research games better.

Devil May Cry 4 is on the 360 as well.

I was only giving examples on how I based my decision. Regardless if DMC4 is being released on both consoles, MGS4 and GT5 as of now are on the PS3 only, and not the 360. And for me that is more then enough of a reason to buy a PS3. So my " research " is fine, and I'm happy with my choice.

SensesFail said:
honestly, your post made little sense.
Okay, well let me make this clear. You were wanting to play referee, but also wanted to add your own perspective. Either try to be objective or subjective, you cannot be both.

Kanyn said:
I was only giving examples on how I based my decision. Regardless if DMC4 is being released on both consoles, MGS4 and GT5 as of now are on the PS3 only, and not the 360. And for me that is more then enough of a reason to buy a PS3. So my " research " is fine, and I'm happy with my choice.
Fair enough, although you obviously haven't done any research, or else you should have known that it was confirmed long ago that DMC4 was coming to 360 as well. I've been a Wii fan, not interested in 360 or PS3 for the longest time (until recently), but even I knew that fact.

It's simply doesn't look good when factual errors occur on a thread that is trying to persuade another member to buy a specific console.

Heck, if a noob came onto this website and asked about the Wii, and someone said that it could play regular DVD's, plenty of people would correct them.

Ps3 because ive played all and 360 has cool things but u have to have xlive to get it which u have to pay and internet is harder to put on

Squall7 said:
Fair enough, although you obviously haven't done any research, or else you should have known that it was confirmed long ago that DMC4 was coming to 360 as well. I've been a Wii fan, not interested in 360 or PS3 for the longest time (until recently), but even I knew that fact.

It's simply doesn't look good when factual errors occur on a thread that is trying to persuade another member to buy a specific console.

Heck, if a noob came onto this website and asked about the Wii, and someone said that it could play regular DVD's, plenty of people would correct them.

I didn't post to try to persuade anyone. Just decided to explain what helped my choice. Nothing more, nothing less. My " research " was enough for me. Nuff said.

Back