Rock Band officially confirmed for Wii

nic7

Wiichat Member
Aug 22, 2006
Iowa, America
Wii Online Code
8853-1952-9704-6115
Although it was inevitable, Rock Band has officially been confirmed for Wii..

IGN said:
January 31, 2008 - In a third-quarter conference call today, Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello confirmed that a Wii version of Rock band is forthcoming.

Riccitiello mentioned the game at the end of the call's question-and-answer session. There was no release date given, but Riccitiello referred to the "coming launch" of a Wii version of the game.

There's been speculation about a Wii installment of Rock Band's since the game was announced. In April 2007, Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos said a Wii-specific version of the title would be coming out in the future.

"We will, at some time, bring Rock Band to every [important] platform," Rigopulos said at the time, adding that Harmonix would optimize future versions of Rock Band to fit the strengths of the platform. "I think the Wiimote is something that holds enormous promise."

Despite Rigopulos' strong statements, no official announcement had been made about a Wii version of Rock Band until Riccitiello's off-hand statement in today's conference call.

After the call, we contacted an EA rep for more details, but all we got was a confirmation that, indeed, a Wii version of Rock Band is coming.

There's still no release date (let alone any word on instruments or how additional song content might work on the Wii), but we'll let you know as soon as more info presents itself.

Link

News first posted: Here

Last edited:
translation:

rock band 2 will be coming out for the ps3 and 360 Q3.
rock band will be coming out for the wii in Q4.

AoWFraggit said:
translation:

depressing but probably true

AoWFraggit said:
translation:

Maybe not, if they are making 2 for the others and want one on the Wii I am sure they would just make a version for all of them. Although I guess that has happened in the past.

Oh well, Rockband Wii is good whether it be 1 or 2 IMO.

well no doubt wii owners will get screwed over on downloadable content just like with Guitar Hero 3, but maybe the huge gap between rock band and rock band wii isnt all taht bad, they have a chance to fix those damn guitar controllers. they SUCK i hate mine. lol

good news.. im happy...and why they be a rock band 2 what they do diffrently they already have like a 1000 d-loadable songs.

Not going to buy it...I'll just go to my friends house to play Guitar Hero III and Rock Band (PS3). Great news for the people who wanted it though.

im skipping this one. these types of games are not really my type. not to mention all the peripherals. yes the wii needs more of those...

Meh. Maybe when I have a bunch of loose cash.

I didn't feel justified paying 100 bucks GHIII (sold it on eBay. Win!).
I don't know if I'll pick this up.

I'll want it.

But won't want to pay for it.

And seeing as I'll be saving for a PS3...

HERM.

I already purchased Rock Band for my Xbox 360. I wont bother to purchase it for the Wii as well. However, this is good news for those who don't have an Xbox 360 or PS3.

Cool! It's good it'll be available for Wii too. At the moment there's only a Wii in my house of the newer consoles, but if my brother eventually gets a PS3 we can decide wether to buy Rockband for Wii or PS3

Back