Rock Band officially confirmed for Wii

I've been reading a LOT of negative comments about this news from other sites over the last couple of days. I have to say that I'm really surprised. I figured that people would be excited about this especially since this is huge third party support for the Wii. I mean, that's been everyone's main gripe about the Wii right...no third party support. Now here we have a huge third party game being redesigned from the ground up specifically for the Wii, and people are still unhappy about it. A lot of the angst seems to come from the fact that most folks were underwhelmed with GHIII for the Wii and they're afraid Rock Band will suffer in the same ways. I played GHIII on the Wii and thought it was pretty good but apparently I'm in the minority. Downloadabe content seems to be the main sticking point for everyone. Is that the sole reason nobody seems to be happy about this?

And in case people are wondering where I've been hearing all the negative press, I got it all from the comments on Digg.com

I am looking forward to the wii version, i've put off buying the ps2 version because there is no downloadable songs for it. At least with the wii version there is a chance someone will pull their head out of their arse long enough to figure out how to offer downloadable songs.

the way i see it, why even bother creating a wii version of rock band?

rock band 2 is due out sometime soon anyway...and i'd personally much rather see them make "drum villain" :yesnod:

I'm buying it.

I'm also buying GHIII.

These two are essentials GAMES. DLC or not, I'm hooked... LOL

thank heavens ive been dying for this news...

now if we can only get DLC

Back