Rock Band or Guitar Hero 3

Is that $200 for the whole set of instruments? If so then rock band definitely.

I'm looking forward to that far more than GH3, but GH3 has through the fire and flames by DF which is one of the greatest songs ever, which means I have to play it (can't afford a 360 so I'll be hiring it out every second weekend or force friends to get it and constantly go over to their houses).

If I had money and a 360, I wouldn't hesitate to buy both, but atm I've got too much stuff to buy and not enough money :'(

Guitar Hero 3 is recycled from the first game. They could at least update the models. They look ugly. Rock Star is a copy of Guitar Hero that has been copying itself for the past few years.

Best advice? Give these companies a hint and buy something better. A real musical instrument, or at least wait until they offer something that looks like they spent more than 3 hours of work on.

Last edited:
i think rock band is a great idea. but i'm not so sure if a huge amount of people will like the fact that you will have to pay around 200 bucks or even more to get the full experience out of the game. it's a great idea and i think it will be a great game.

as for gh 3, it will be good. personally, i would pick gh 3 because 1 - 200.00+ for rock band is just a lot for one game. 2 - my studio apartment won't be able to fit in all the equipment for rock band (really, really, small place).

Definitely rooting for Rock Band just because I'm curious to see what it will do to the genre of "music" games. Plus, RB got 18 new grateful dead tracks in addition to a whole heck of a lot of other good artists so...they are off to a good start.

I only have a Wii so it will be Guitar Hero 3 for me.

Although, it would be fun to be the drummer. *sigh*

supanova said:
Me and my band are amped for Rock Band.

Yes, we can all play real instruments, who gives a **** about playing it as a video game? Looks like a lot of ****in' fun.
Me and my band are earning money for this game!

I think both will do well, but I think I would go with GH3 just because it's cheaper and I'm familiar with the series. Though I have no doubt that Rock Band would be fun. (Though I'm not a fan of the karaoke part)

Back