Rock Band Wii?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Despite the release of a PS2 flavor and official comments suggesting otherwise, Electronic Arts has yet to confirm Rock Band for Wii.

"We have not announced any plans for a Wii version at this time," wrote EA's Bryce Baer on Wednesday in an email to GamePro.

In April 2007, Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos said "absolutely" when asked if there was a possibility of seeing the game on Wii.

"We will, at some time, bring Rock Band to every [important] platform," he said in the conference call. "I think the Wiimote is something that holds enormous promise."

Rock Band is currently available for Xbox 360, PS3, and PS2. The music simulator won several game of the year awards in 2007 including "best game that involves getting off the sofa" by the Associated Press.

Source:
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=154628

So they say no for now, but are not completely putting the idea down.
I guess thats not horrible news.

I think I just saw the exact same thread yesterday.. But anyways, I can't wait for Rockband Wii.

UH OH!
Lol, I'm not getting RockBand, unless they fix the guitars! Seems like the down-strum for the guitar is messed up. :) I played it on my sisters boyfriend's xbox 360 (yes, I'm jealous), and well.. his down-strum was being lame even when he bought it two days ago.. So, I searched it up, and it seems like many people have this problem.

Here, check this out, if you don't believe me! Scroll down to see what others say..
http://kotaku.com/gaming/buyer-beware/rock-band-guitar-controllers-failing-325595.php

..and if they DID fix it. Which I doubt it, because my sisters boyfriend bought it his on Dec. 29th.. Hmm.. then again, it's on the Wii.. So the guitar might be different? o_O! I don't know!

Last edited:
WiiWouldLike2Play said:
UH OH!
Lol, I'm not getting RockBand, unless they fix the guitars! Seems like the down-strum for the guitar is messed up. :) I played it on my sisters boyfriend's xbox 360 (yes, I'm jealous), and well.. his down-strum was being lame even when he bought it two days ago.. So, I searched it up, and it seems like many people have this problem.

Here, check this out, if you don't believe me! Scroll down to see what others say..
http://kotaku.com/gaming/buyer-beware/rock-band-guitar-controllers-failing-325595.php

You missed one point there. GHIII is far better. You don't need the rest of your family playing to enjoy it :)

wario2ooo said:
^ i never had that problem on the one on PS3

Yeah wario, some people have been perfectly fine with it. I'm not saying everyone has it. I'm saying majority of the people have it.. and it sucks, because then they have to return it and such.

So yeah, I'm probably sticking with GHIII.

WiiWouldLike2Play said:
Yeah wario, some people have been perfectly fine with it. I'm not saying everyone has it. I'm saying majority of the people have it.. and it sucks, because then they have to return it and such.

So yeah, I'm probably sticking with GHIII.
it could be fixed......and you could use the GH3 guitar on Rockband......i tried it and it works perfectly

im thinking they will release a newer version rock band anyways... 1.5 or something for the wii before they come out with a sequal... probably summer-christmas time this year for the wii...

as with any other big title game, they probably had this in the works for a while and didnt expect the wii to come so far on top... now they have to rush rush rush to get it to seem decent with motion controll...
Sadly underestimating the wii hurts everyone.... Game designers missing out on cash they could have had sooner and probably alot more of.. and the wii owners who have the dominate system but are waiting for developers to get there thumbs out there butts and catch up...

note this may take 12-24 months to fix and the thumbs will never be the same... ha ha

besides they dont sell the extra guitars yet for rock band, and they are having problems getting the GH guitar to work on some systems... id rather get GH3 now and rock band when the glitches are fixed and i can play 4 people with it...

Last edited:
Wii_Smurf said:
You missed one point there. GHIII is far better. You don't need the rest of your family playing to enjoy it :)

You don't need the rest of your family to enjoy Rock Band. By yourself is just as acceptable. GHIII is a total disapointment to me and the song choices on Rock Band are WAY better. Rush, Metallica, the freaking POLICE. Come on.

I wont be getting Rock Band Wii, because i have it on the 360. The Rock Band guitar controller is total trash, but,for me, it's still better than GHIII as a whole.

wouldnt be suprised at a late 08 release on wii, but im still contemplating getting it on xbox. all i wanna do is play the drums thats all i care about so ill wait till the price of the game comes down and they start selling the insturments seperately wich supposedly happens in february.

Back