Rockstar's Bully on the Wii

KyleForMe

Don't believe his lies.
Dec 13, 2006
IL, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Wii Online Code
5710-8093-1849-3803
Hey all, I'm sure some of you already knew about this, but it seems they are making a port of Rockstar's game The Bully for the Wii. I never had a chance to play this more than a few minutes because I had donated my PS2 away. This seems like promising evidence that the Wii will get some type of version of GTA games.

[MEDIA]http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/object/951/951407/BULLY-SPECIAL-EDITION-FOR-wboxart_160w.jpg[/MEDIA]

Question to someone who's played the original, is it any good? Does it have enough similarities to the GTA series to keep GTA fans happy?

The game for the PS2 is okay, I beat it in a few days,but I'm puzzled why they would let Jimmy Hopkins, main character if you didn't know, be on the Wii, I'm not trying to be a parent but, Nintendo is such a friendly company and Jimmy is kinda......a bad influence.:shocked:

GTA involves drugs, prostitutes, guns, mafias and gangs.

This game is about a boy at school who gets into fights and stuff.

Similar I think not.

This seems like promising evidence that the Wii will get some type of version of GTA games.

Wii already got Scareface and The Godfather. Which are probably both better than this game.

Dude I loved this game on the Ps2 and im gonna pick it up for the wii too i cant wait

JAKE196 said:
This seems like promising evidence that the Wii will get some type of version of GTA games.

Wii already got Scareface and The Godfather. Which are probably both better than this game.

I actually liked Bully more than those two games. Bully is pretty fun and a breath of fresh air with all of the GTA clones.

fack i hope they port gta4.
i really need to play that game and ever since i sold my 360 i havent.

JAKE196 said:

Haven't been living under a rock. In fact I owned Godfather and sold it before beating it. I really liked their execution of wii controls, but Rockstar does so much more in terms of in game freedom, like map size and whatnot. (however the going in buildings in Godfather is a cool addition).

Those games may be better than Bully, but anyone who isn't biased against Rockstar will agree they don't quite stand up to the GTA series. But from what I played in Bully, I wouldn't compare them anyway, aside from the basic mechanics.

Anyway I have played both godfather on wii and scarface on xbox, and neither holds up to the class of San Andreas. Here's to hoping Rockstar gives us something like San Andreas, but obviously different. A GTA4 port may be a pipedream, but a quality GTA game/port doesn't have to be.

Does anyone know the release date for Bully: Wii Edition? I remember reading something about bonus content, although the new controls will do this game justice!

KyleForMe said:
Hey all, I'm sure some of you already knew about this, but it seems they are making a port of Rockstar's game The Bully for the Wii. I never had a chance to play this more than a few minutes because I had donated my PS2 away. This seems like promising evidence that the Wii will get some type of version of GTA games.

http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/object/951/951407/BULLY-SPECIAL-EDITION-FOR-wboxart_160w.jpg

Question to someone who's played the original, is it any good? Does it have enough similarities to the GTA series to keep GTA fans happy?
I heard something about this. Wasn't it banned?

This game wasn't banned. I believe to keep you European blokes happy they changed the title over there. In the U.S. it was called Bully, and was only sold on the PS2, which is why there is still a good reason to port it. It actually received great reviews.

Back