ROM Sites Banned?

MetroidZ

Only took 4 years to get1
May 20, 2006
London, England Rank: i-wii-sistable
Wii Online Code
1000-0000-0000-0000
Do you think nintendo will start to ban/close more sites that have roms, (like they did with GBA (even tho some still do host 'em) because games were still being made), now that the virtual console allows you to download games at a small fee?

I think they should, it'll do 'em good. :smilewinkgrin:

I doubt they'd go through the legal effort of taking down the sites when P2P networks offer them too.

In fact, people who would usually play roms might be Nintendo's most valuable consumers for the Virtual Console, because playing on the Wii with either the GameCube or classic controllers offers a more comfortable way to play than a keyboard.

For example, for Nintendo 64 roms, you need a fairly decent system and a parallel/USB to N64 adapter, which is hard to come by.

For about $3 a title, a digital representation that never gets lost or broken seems worth it.

I don't think you can stop anybody from doing anything. You could close a few rom sites, but more would spring up. Their best bet is to just make the games a bit cheaper.

I want to play heaps of games on the VC. I would do it on pc, but using a keyboard isn't really good for some games. I know I played Zelda: OOT on my pc with an Xbox controller.

alot of rom sites use storage in china etc, which nintendo couldn't close.

anyway, they would just move!!

Nah, i would never pay 10 for a n64 game. maybe a zelda game or something like that, but not for anything else.

perdect dark..007..mario......... besides u can play muitlyplayer with the n64 games on the wii and u cant for roms.... i also herad of some online feature... but that migth just be a mith

Nope! I'll have nothing to do when I'm at work! Nothing like a few laps of Mario Kart while I'm waiting for people to get back to me!

One Problem with this theory. Banning these are very hard because if you have legally purchased a game downloading a rom is totally legal. Also P2p makes it impossible so there is no point in trying.

pwn4life said:
perdect dark..007..mario......... besides u can play muitlyplayer with the n64 games on the wii and u cant for roms.... i also herad of some online feature... but that migth just be a mith
You can play ROMS online. I used to play Mario Kart 64 all the time online.

MetroidZ said:
Do you think nintendo will start to ban/close more sites that have roms, (like they did with GBA (even tho some still do host 'em) because games were still being made), now that the virtual console allows you to download games at a small fee?

I think they should, it'll do 'em good. :smilewinkgrin:
They probably will since the AR exploit still works which allows you to load roms up.

One advantage the virtual console has over the ROM sites is the lack of banner ads and pop-ups, of which ROM sites have millions.
Just logging on to download 1 game gets you about 10 pop-ups and loads of those annoying "shoot the duck for a free ipod" banner ads.

otacon138 said:
One advantage the virtual console has over the ROM sites is the lack of banner ads and pop-ups, of which ROM sites have millions.
Just logging on to download 1 game gets you about 10 pop-ups and loads of those annoying "shoot the duck for a free ipod" banner ads.

If you use AdBlock Pro for Fire Fox, then ads aren't a problem.

Back