Router problem- Help!

dama94

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2007
Just got Linksys WRT54G yesterday. It is working correctly. I tried to get my Wii hooked up and it will only connect if I turn off security on the router. How can I get this corrected? BTW, I am NOT very computer savy, so please answer as you were talking to a 5 year old. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

dama94 said:
Just got Linksys WRT54G yesterday. It is working correctly. I tried to get my Wii hooked up and it will only connect if I turn off security on the router. How can I get this corrected? BTW, I am NOT very computer savy, so please answer as you were talking to a 5 year old. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

you need to get the password for the router and put it into the wii. im not sure how to do that. it has to do with typing your routers address into an internet browser then it takes you to a security page where you can reset your password but i forget how to do that. someone explained it on here before though so i know the problem is out there and fixable.

Here's the link to Nintendo Customer Service.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/

I had trouble with my router as well. It will work one day, and not work the next!! Very irritating...

If it works only when you turn security off, you might just have to do that everytime you play, but I'm not positive on that.

Back