Routers

RidgeDallas

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
Getting a 220602 error and have been reading through here on ways to fix, with no luck. One thing I havent tried is changing the channel on my router? I have a Belkin Wireless G 7230-4, anyone know how to change the channel, may be a stupid thing I am missing, but I cant figure it out...Many thanks...

Disable WEP / WPA (at least until you've got basic connection with the Wii) and make sure your Belkin is set to mixed mode (b+g).

Disable WEP / WPA (at least until you've got basic connection with the Wii) and make sure your Belkin is set to mixed mode (b+g)...

I can update the wii, thats no problem, test connection, again no problem, connect24 is the issue that wont let me connect...How do I set the Belkin?

Oooh, you're connected then. This isn't something weird like you purchased an out-of-country Wii, is it?

Came from Walmart, USA...I can update just nothing else internet related, tried all the suggestions from nintenedo, just curious if anyone else has/had this issue??

From Nintendo's troubleshooting site:

Wii Error 220602

DNS propagation issues - Error 220602

Change your Wifi router to channel 1 or 11, Move your Wii nearer to your Wifi router or Change your DNS servers - swap the secondary and primary one round - this may fix it.

Check your router's broadcast settings to find out if it is set to "G", "B", or "Mixed." Mixed typically works best, but try all three to see if it improves the network connection to the Wii console.

Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off. Wireless keyboards and mice may also cause interference.

Thanks JKarp, I tried everthing and now am to the point where I am just going to get the LAN Adapter, my 360 sits right next to the wii and thats wired, so I can just switch the cable back and forth, I am not really to upset as I can update the wii and seeing that there is no real online play, I am willing to hold on...Thanks for the help though

Back