WIIMAN999

WiiloveWii
Nov 16, 2006
UK!!!
Wii Online Code
2319-8640-8665-4952
hi guys

I was just wondering:

my dad's computer feeds the internet to my computer. If i bought a wireless router and put it on my machine to use for the Wii would it still work?

NEED TO KNOW PLZ REPLY

What you would want to do is plug the wireless router into whatever your dads computer is plugged into. If that is a router, no other changes needed as it would send internet to your computers as it does now and to the wii through the router. If your dad is plugged straight into his modem (assuming dsl or cable) then you will want to get a wireless/wired router, thne you and your dad would plug into the router wired and the Wii would connect wireless.

I work at an internet service provider so I see these setups every day. Feel free to post any questions or PM if you wish.

-Bobby

bobby1211 said:
What you would want to do is plug the wireless router into whatever your dads computer is plugged into. If that is a router, no other changes needed as it would send internet to your computers as it does now and to the wii through the router. If your dad is plugged straight into his modem (assuming dsl or cable) then you will want to get a wireless/wired router, thne you and your dad would plug into the router wired and the Wii would connect wireless.

I work at an internet service provider so I see these setups every day. Feel free to post any questions or PM if you wish.

-Bobby

Yup sounds like good advice...I have a belkin pre-N router...worked sooo smooth i connected to the net in less than 3 minutes seriously...I had it set on WPA protection(password) so all I had to do was enter in my password and the wii stored it and 1 second later, connected to the net :) magic...downloads pretty fast too for wireless

Back