Routers

i am using a westell versalink that verizon send, it works good

Using a Linksys WRT54g, with Tofu's HyperWRT. The Wii connect perfectly the first time, but subsequent connections required me to switch the router to mixed mode(b&g) and change the channel to 1(previously on 4)

gopha said:
I have a Linksys Wireless Access Point (WAP54G) connected to a Linksys Wired Router (BEFSR41). I have SSID (broadcasting off), MAC filtering and WPA (TKIP) on. I had to change the AP from 802.11 G only to Mixed (B & G).

I'm running almost exactly the same setup. The wireless access point is cool in that is allows wireless access into a wired network. Using the same settings you have, my Wii has no trouble getting a connection.

I'm using a Netgear DG834G, and after 10 minutes of not sure why it wasn't working, I reset the connection settings on the Wii, turned off MAC filtering on the router, let the Wii reconnect, entered the WEP key, and now it works a charm.

Hey, i'm completely new here (this being my first post). I've attempted to read up on routers and i've read through this thread, but i'm still a tad confused. I have an 8mps (supposedly) broadband connection through a USB ASDL WAN adapter and i'm desperate to get my wii online. What's going to be the cheapest and best way of doing this? I would very much appreciate some advice. Thanks.

The Linksys WRT54G can probably be purchased for about $50 give or take a few bucks. The setup is pretty simple. You would unplug the cable from your computer (that comes from the DSL modem) and plug that into the Linksys box. Then plug a new cable from the Linksys box to your computer.

Complete the Linksys setup and your Wii should go online no problem.

Thats it in a nut shell :) Have fun !

Thanks, that looks like pretty much exactly what i'm looking for. Could you tell me what sort of connection speed i'd up getting out of my wii? and does it work through rooms?

Er...one more thing, will it work with the DS? :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Belkin pre-N cable router 128 wep,,works like a dream,,very fast updates,and loading of flash clips on the internet channel. roughly about 30ft away from router.

smudge

I have a Mac OSX 10.2.8

I found this... Belkin Wireless G Router - Bilingual (54 Mbps)... Is this any good?

Anyone have any reccomendations for quality routers for my computer?

Last edited:
Back