RPG's for Wii?

MyGunJammed said:
I would really like to see a D&D game like Never Winter Nights with some good Multiplayer.
Yeah, Neverwinter Nights was great. I'd love to see another Baldurs Gate game too. The console versions were good but the PC games were fantastic.

I'd like to see either a 3d remake of Chrono Trigger for SNES or a proper sequel. I love the time travel system and I think they could really do some cool stuff with that game. I also would like to see a Grandia game, a tales game, and some new Wii exclusive titles. A sequel to Skies of Arcadia is way overdue as well. Damn. . . I love RPG games.

It would be awesome to see a Tales of Symphonia Sequel. I loved that game - one of the few Nintendo RPGs I've played with voice acting.

As far as Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, I don't like those D&D party-style RPGs much. A game like Oblivion would be sweet, as would a light/dark game like Fable. Im excited for the new Paper Mario game thats been mentioned, and I cant WAIT for Fire Emblem and the Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles game. I <3 RPGs the most out of any gaming genre and would love to see a strong RPG showing from the Wii. As I think someone above said, as soon as they see what the Wii-mote and nunchuck are capable of adding to a console, I bet we'll see more and more RPGs pop up with intuitive ways to take advantage of the Wii.

Here there is a video of the new Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest Wii. Unique game play for Dragon Quest

Classic RPGs (menu based fighting, etc etc) will be amazing on the Wii because all your going to need is the Wiimote and one hand to play. And with the other hand... you can eat chips.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Dragon Quest, until recently. It is a pretty cool type of rpg, in which it's a First Person/Hack and Slash type game. There's a rumor upon Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers (I believe that's what it's titled.), that unlike Crystal Chronicles, you no longer have to carry that annoying bucket along in multiplayer. Also, Pokemon Battle is another RPG coming to the Wii. In which it's cool because it's going to be one of the first games in which you can actually use your DS as a command of attacks and such, which adds the element of surprise.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is going to be amazing if they pull it off well :) cant wait for a good mmo to come out, on a console that i can play :)

Back