Status
Not open for further replies.

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
A long time ago, we used a Firefox trick to view upcoming Virtual Console games. I have since forgotten how it is done, but I may want to re-learn. later on NeoGAF has posted something quite interesting. He claims that this code was found in the javascript files of the Wii Shop Channel:

var NO_WIFI = 0; /* no WIFIFREE or WIFIPAY */
var WIFI_PARTIALLY_CHARGED = 1; /* partially charged WIFI */
var WIFI_FREE = 2; /* WIFIFREE only */
var WIFI_ALL_CHARGED = 3; /* all charged WIFI */

That looks like something about the Pay to Play service, which is quite interesting, seeing as how no game has it yet (FFCC for WiiWare does, but it’s not available yet). Well, he also claims that the files hint at possible features for the Wii Shop Channel, like demos, subscriptions, and rentals. Since I don’t know how to check this, I have no way of verifying it, but if it is true, this is truly great news. Someone, go and find out if this is true!

linkage

Everyone knew about the demos. Rentals are just dumb. I hope this is true.

Game rentals are actually cool. I don;t have to run to my nearest video game rental store to get a game. I can just browse on the Wii and pay for it online. It is quite convenient. The will be a larger selection of titles and there won't be a limit of total copies, so you don't have to wait till someone returns the game. I just hope the rentals are cheaper than $7 because that is how much it cost for 5 days at my neearest store.

^I believe that it is talking about download rentals meaning its probably just wiiware or VC. If you have to pay $7 for that it would just be rip off.

Same exact thing already posted.

eddiemon said:
Hope they are game rentals for Wii games.

That wont ever happen because the wii doesnt have enough memory for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back