"Rumored Hard Drive"

ShawVAuto

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2006
If you could just save/load data directly from SD cards, a hard-drive wouldn't be necessary... I hope Nintendo makes this possible someday.

That'd be cool, but you can already use an external hard drive via the USB ports right?
I haven't tried it has anyone else?

blueradio said:
That'd be cool, but you can already use an external hard drive via the USB ports right?
I haven't tried it has anyone else?
Nope, you can't. At this point, the USB ports on the Wii are little more than power sources for USB devices (like you can charge your MP3 player etc), save for the LAN adapter of course.

V@A said:
maybe , but I dont see the need for external hard drive - 4GB SD card its all I need for long time.
You do realize that anything over a 2GB card doesn't work in the Wii right??

They use a different kind of compression format that doesn't work with the Wii. You can't use anything above 2GB cards.

I think the drive is a great idea. I like the idea of being able to download demo's of upcoming games to try out, like you can do for the 360. Also addiotional content for games? That would be really cool.

loads of people ask about having a HD for the wii, but i think at the moment they aren't needed.

i havent read many of the rumours or anything, but after people get more and more of the VC games that are released, they will soon get tired of having to swap game files around from SD card to wii and vice versa...

and if we did get something cool like wii demo downloads/game content, again after a while when more games are released then its probably gonna need more than 2gb from an SD card..

so like i say, they might be useful, depending on the future releases and plans for the wii's development

nintendo announced this is all rumor and speculation and there won't ever be a hd for the wii.

As long as you can not load vc games and saves off the mem card this is totally useless. The way the Wii uses the mem card now is retarded. It would be even more retarded if they came out with a hard drive and had the same limitations.

Back