Rumored Red Steel 2 release date

iOwnage

Confiscation of the Mind
Oct 21, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
8957-2822-1883-9918
http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2007/10/disaster-day-of-ubisofts-wii-problems.html

The team at Ubisoft Paris behind the Red Steel working on Red Steel 2 for a fall 2007 release date and had the majority of the game finished, until marketing and executive types declared the game to be crap. Because of the declaration, development was transferred to another team at Ubisoft Paris, who has been forced to start work on the title from scratch (for a fall 2008 release), having to redo pretty much everything, and there has been a number of "layoffs." Development on the title is being described as a "nightmare."

Also, Nintendo really did not want Rayman Raving Rabbits 2 to come at the same time as Super Mario Galaxy, since their game had a stratosphere of buzz and the limbless guy's popular party might disrupt sales of SMG, Nintendo tried anything they could do to refuse to give their approval; for example, in one instance, they said that one of the clouds in the game was shaped like Pikachu.

I'm glad the executive guy saw the game was crap or else it would've been another wasted Red Steel.

It looks like there shooting for fall of 2008. Good to hear. I hope the new team won't screw it up.

Last edited:
Since there havent been many FPS games with a good campaign, good splitscreen, and good online, all together, I might have to buy this if it turns out alright.

Yeah, its been under development now for a good chunk o' time.
Hopefully they get their act together, and put forth a game with good visuals and solid gameplay.

I know what Nintendo could've done, reinforced the old QUALITY part on their OFFICIAL NINTENDO SEAL and say RRR2 is nothing more than a mini game crapfest.

Also, its nice to know someone at Ubisoft has realized half their games suck.

^^We can only hope its gonna be worth the wait...

Why was Nintendo even concerned about that! RRR2 is nothing compared to Galaxy. Rayman fans have been waiting a few months for this game, but everyone has been waiting on Galaxy for a decade.

Back