Rumour: Mario Kart Wii 2007 (Europe)

I wouldn't mind if they brought out Mario Kart Wii this year, ONLY if they haven't rushed it and bring out a Mario Party 8-esque, 'this-game-had-so-much-potential' game.

Wiily Good said:
I wouldn't mind if they brought out Mario Kart Wii this year, ONLY if they haven't rushed it and bring out a Mario Party 8-esque, 'this-game-had-so-much-potential' game.
Has Nintendo ever released their Zelda, Metroid, Super Mario, a Mario Party, Paper Mario, and Mario Kart in the first 2 years of the console, or even most of them?...

In my view I really think the Wii will only be around for 3/4 years, not 5/6. The Wii was just come and go quick money maker and it's working.

I'm sure next console Nintendo will bring both horsepower and intuative controlls tot he table, like they should have done this time. I don't know if anyone buys the we want everyone to play and there's nothing wrong with making a 2006 console as powerfull as a 2002 PC crap but I don't. Nintendo has always gone for horsepower and bragged about it, just look at Mario 128 or whatever it's called.

I think SSBB would be nice this year, Nintendo really need to show the high quality games they are capable of as the current line up is fairly lack lustre.

Celestial said:
Well I was looking around on the internet and decided to look at N-Europe again since I haven't in a while.

So yea, just a rumour, but it's saying that Europe will be getting Mario Kart Wii in 2007, but SSBB in early 2008.
However, USA will be getting SSBB in 2007 and Mario Kart Wii in early 2007.

Just a rumour though.

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10776
Typo!:yikes:

Cool rumour though, cant wait for either games.

Eagles said:
I think SSBB would be nice this year, Nintendo really need to show the high quality games they are capable of as the current line up is fairly lack lustre.
Zelda, Super Paper Mario, and Mario Party are all great but a lot say they are slightly under par for each for their series. Rushing more games won't help.

StevenNevets said:
Zelda, Super Paper Mario, and Mario Party are all great but a lot say they are slightly under par for each for their series. Rushing more games won't help.

That's to assume they haven't been working on mario kart for the wii for a while.

We have a tendency to assume something isn't in existence until we know about it.

StevenNevets said:

I think they have been working on SSBB for a little longer than you think, the continued push back of the release date indicates they have no intention of rushing this one through quickly. Also who thought Zelda was under par? :crazy:

Warrior said:
im hoping its not true. id much raher have SSBB earlier than mario kart. why not let both continenets hve both at the same time?

no point in letting the games go up against each other, let the kids save for one, play that and beat it then release the other when they have cash and looking for another great game.

mario kart is an all time classic, that is one of the games i am hanging out for.

Mario Kart is a classic, started on the SNES. I'd be surprised if they don't continue the sucsessful franchise on the Wii. I think they should add more characters, online play and no Double-Dash format. That rumor is good.

Last edited:
vagrant said:
That's to assume they haven't been working on mario kart for the wii for a while.

We have a tendency to assume something isn't in existence until we know about it.
So are you assuming Nintendo has doubled their game development teams?

The amount of franchises coming on the system this early is higher then ussual. Coincidentally the general quality of the franchises out so far is lower then ussual.

I think it's safe to say they're doing a bit of rushing. Unless they are just losing it.

StevenNevets said:
So are you assuming Nintendo has doubled their game development teams?

The amount of franchises coming on the system this early is higher then ussual. Coincidentally the general quality of the franchises out so far is lower then ussual.

I think it's safe to say they're doing a bit of rushing. Unless they are just losing it.

Perhaps the reason why games like Mario Party 8 are so shitty is because they have a lot of their resources focused elsewhere.

vagrant said:
Perhaps the reason why games like Mario Party 8 are so shitty is because they have a lot of their resources focused elsewhere.
I meen all Nintendo games out right now, Zelda and Super Paper Mario arn't shitty but look at the mass opinion and it'll be lower on these games then the previous ones. Not by much, neither were failures or anything but they are just a little under par from what should be expected.

I can dig up some statistics of review scores (both user and profesional) compared to release dates

And if they weren't rushing the cycle they'd have time (or resources) to make all of thier games high-quality. Mario Party 1 didn't suck and yet the Mario and Zelda of the time are often considered the best in the series.
I'm just being general here though. As a whole if you compare the Nintendo line-up at this point in the systems life-span compared to where they were at with the other systems it just seems like it's going by much quicker and suffering because of that.

Back