S-Video options?

Fedorov

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
Just got my Wii today in the UK (thanks to a tiny Blockbuster store in Peterlee).

I've pre-ordered the official Nintendo S-Video cable from play-asia.com but it's still not even been shipped yet :(

What options have I got please anyone? I have no choice with the connection as I have one S-Video embedded through the wall to my plasma tv and a multi-svideo input box routing everything I've got through to this one s-video to my plasma e.g. playstation2, sky+ box, dvd player etc...

Am I likely to get a conversion lead easy enough from the likes of Maplin that will convert the yellow (video) composite cable to an s-video to go into my mutli s-video box to my plasma?

Thanks all

Fedorov.

Noone?

Okay, I went to Maplin and paid £5.99 for a composite-to-svideo converter and it works, although the picture on my 42" plasma is a little fuzzy, small text is hard to read.

Wonder if the Nintendo s-video cable would make any difference at all to the quality compare to this tiny maplin converter http://tinyurl.com/y5cqrh

Think I'm going to buy the official Nintendo Component cable to get the BIG improvement.

If you could find a way to sneak Wii component cables in there somewhere, then do it. I just had to rearrange my stuff as well in wait for the Wii. My TV has 2 component ports which I use for HD cable box and DVD player. I'm going to get a DVI-HDMI cable for one of them though to free up a component spot for the Wii.

svhs_adr_ch700x.jpg

just make your own, ive made many,

If you have a plasma tv, why oh why are you using an s-video cable for everything? S-video is standard def. I would imagine the plasma is at LEAST enhanced def. You should be using components or HDMI for everything.

Definitely get the component cables for the Wii if you can.

And yes, infinkc is right, you can make cables that way...if you must. My advice would be the component cables though.

Back