s-video

I have a standard TV - Not HD or ED. I use non-nintendo S-Video cables. The quality is defiantly improved. It is worth buying in my opinion.

I just hooked up my new s-video cable to my standard 24" Toshiba last night and I would call it a small but noticeable difference from composite.

Like an earlier poster, my one and only component hook-up is already occupied (DVD player), so the s-video was the best I could offer my Wii.

I'd say it is worth it for the small increase in picture quality and equally worth it for the piece of mind it offers me.

It seems the consensus is the difference between S-video and composite video output is small but noticeable. I am still waiting for my component cable to test it on my projector. I guess I should not be disappointed if the component gave little further improvement (although I have read a review said otherwise), as it would still be the best among all.
Here is a video posted in a chinese website comparing composite and component side-by-side. Just click on the Youtube video. There is big difference in texture of graphic.

Last edited:
Think so. It is a pretty high end but relatively old Sony portable projector. I did not know I have the D15/component adapter cable (I thought it was RGB). The projector can take both RGB and component but with different adapter cables.

billcsho said:
Think so. It is a pretty high end but relatively old Sony portable projector. I did not know I have the D15/component adapter cable (I thought it was RGB). The projector can take both RGB and component but with different adapter cables.
Try the agoraquest forum. They might be able to find you pinouts and you could splice up your own cable

Just match the color with the plugs on Color Stream In.

My projector turns out does not support 480p although the component/VGA adapter cable works.

Back