Sadness

Robotnik

The Good Doctor
Aug 13, 2007
United States
Sadness for the Wii, developed by Nibris

If anyone is unaware of this title, they should really check it out and read up on it. This looks like it could be one of the most interesting and fresh games in a long time. Here is the description:

Sadness is an upcoming video game for Nintendo's Wii by Polish video game developer Nibris. According to Nibris head Piotr Orlovsky, "The scenario will have associations with narcolepsy, nyctophobia and paranoid schizophrenia. The scenario will surprise you." According to a Nibris press release, the action of Sadness will be placed before World War I in a Slavic country.
According to Nibris, this game is only for adult players with strong nerves.

Gameplay:

According to an interview with IGN[2], the game is meant to scare the player by atmosphere and not by bloodlust or violence. Various methods of playing include slitting the throat of enemies with glass or throwing a rope over a wall using the similar motion with the freehand controller. It was also said by the developer Nibris that the game will have a special way to save progress. This will happen automatically, at specific moments unbeknownst to the players so it can keep the feeling of reality.

Unlike other third person games, Sadness will not make use of a heads up display to allow greater immersion.

Links:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/adventure/sadness/index.html?tag=result;title;0

http://www.nibris.net/

Pictures:

sadness-20060727010358876.jpg

wiidrknssnwdtlpl_s1.jpg

t000382bm.jpg

Check out the Youtube Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnBp8j4BscI

Last edited:
I really couldn't get what the game was about from that video. It seemed to be a bunch of mini games from the look of that video. I hope it has a bit more to offer than that.

This game looks great and sounds great as well.
Also I didn't get the mini-game vibe from the video.

Ok, I got the mini game vibe from her keeping the rats away, and the running and knocking down the boxes and a few other things, I mean, can you control where the character moves. Or do you just do things to help the character along?

There hasn't been any trailer with in game footage yet. Nibris said that they would release one before the end of the year. This video, I think was just kinda there to make people interested in it, though I can see where the mini game vibe is coming from. It probably won't be like that in the game though.

It shouldn't be mini game like at all. It'll be interesting though to see where it goes.

personally ever since they announced this, (back in april 2006 LOL) iv been extremely excited about it, i really cant wait, im a little skepticle about it being black and white but well it wont stop me from getting it

I'm not looking forward to it at all. Anyone can come up with an intersting concept. It needs to be executed well too, something the guy's making it can't do.

Don't even get me started on this game........seriously if this comes out, let alone is actually decent, I'll smack my head against a table or something. Don't get me wrong I liked this game at one stage and was part of the one and only fan site/forum Sadnessday (until it closed down, the less said about that the better) but now I've given up on this game. It was a cool idea for a while but now nyeh, if Nibris puts some new info out on this game, I might regain intrest purely because of the shock of them actually telling people something about the game.

Wait so that trailer is nothing even like the game? Its just a movie to try and create hype then? I cant realy say anyting about this game with out some in game movies.

Oh yeah in the trailer thingy the girl is usinga black wii mote... thought thatw as cool

I saw this a while ago. I still dont know anything about it except it's black and white., and it is supposed to be a suspense game.

Back