Sales Tax on Wii Points

danib62

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2007
Boston, MA
Wii Online Code
1397-0239-2531-7162
I know that if you buy a wii points card you normally get charged sales tax but I bought some with my credit card through the wii itself and I got charged 5% MA state sales tax also. Anyone know what the whole story is? Haven't found anything relevant through the search.

Last edited:
I guess it can vary state by state. Anyone know if nintendo has a factory or some offices in MA that may force them to charge sales tax even on online purchases?

I have a 5% sales tax for the wii points when purchased on the wii itself. I live in WI. I think it's kind of lame though because it's not any actual item that they are producing.:frown2:

I bought 2000 Wii points and the total came out to $21.00 which pissed me off I was like...what the heck is this...stupid Wisconsin 5% sales tax :mad5:

How long have you been living in Mass? It's Mass. OF COURSE we have to pay something extra somewhere. ;)
I can't explain it, either. Just another tax, whatever. I live right on the NH border so I'd be able to save a little money if I just went there and bought points cards instead of buying them online, but it's not a big deal to me.

Vertiginous said:
I bought 2000 Wii points and the total came out to $21.00 which pissed me off I was like...what the heck is this...stupid Wisconsin 5% sales tax :mad5:

Try it here, we have 8.25% sales tax. And yep, here in Texas we get charged tax when purchasing Wii points directly.

well in stores here ^ we have 14% tax for us canadians(in ontario)

on the wii shop..we buy in USD(american money) then there is some kind of tax on top of that...like 13.40 canadian for 1000 points or like 26.80 for 2000

csiguy4u said:
No taxes in Oklahoma for Wii Points purchased through the Wii!

I Know! Isn't It Awesome?!

I Went To Gamestop Gave The Guy A Twenty, And He Gave Me Back A Penny! :D

Back