Saltiness in Multiplayer

Splash_King

The Scrubbiest of Hunters
Jan 25, 2009
Nimbasa City
Wii Online Code
0129-0129-0129-0129
Definition of salty: Irritated, annoyed. Alternative; im mad, bro.

EVERY game with multiplayer has a way to make someone, somewhere salty. I'm not talking about "lose horribly and getting pissed" salty, I'm talking about "disconnected because someone host quit" salty. The BAD kind.

What makes you salty in any and all multiplayer games you play? Why's it make you salty?

I'm not a gamer that gets rage-induced very easily, but competitive Red Dead multiplayer modes can grind my gears pretty FUCKIN' good. Why? Posses.

"The ****'s wrong with posses?", you ask? Wherever the leader goes, you go. Every time I go into a competitive mode and join up in a posse, at least ONCE, the posse leader rage quits and runs off into another mode, dragging you out of the middle of the match, and leaving you high 'n dry. This is essentially the host quit of Red Dead, except it's selective and COMPLETELY GOD DAMN AVOIDABLE! DX

If they wanna rage quit, they can either disband the posse to leave everyone behind, or just leave multiplayer to auto-disband the posse for christ's sake. But no, they all have to be not only immature rage quitting dickshits, but also inconsiderate bastards who won't even use the mic they have to say they're leaving. Players who can't take a lose, especially before they don't know if they'l even lose, can keep their ragequitting to themselves. 'Cause that **** makes me salty.

You mean Red Dead Redemption?
I tell ya, if I didn't stick to my "only one online game" policy, I'd get that. I have a soft side for the western genre.

Team Fortress 2 had its fair share of saltiness. Idle servers were abundant, all for the sole purpose of increasing the chances of getting a purely cosmetic hat.
I was one of them.... I regret nothing!

You mean Red Dead Redemption?

Yep.

I tell ya, if I didn't stick to my "only one online game" policy, I'd get that. I have a soft side for the western genre.

You've earned some more respect points from me, my friend.

I'm curious though; why do you only play one online game?

Last edited:
And now you know why I dont do online mutliplayer

First I NEVER buy a game for online that's why i don't buy cod unless you count counter strike and second Online should just make you play longer so guys like me are stuck in the cold with games with short story mode cough cough (Homefront) so i am not the biggest fan off online

And now you know why I dont do online mutliplayer

I would of assumed it was all the whiny 8 year olds, but valid none the less.

First I NEVER buy a game for online

Good on ya, I've got the same rigid policy.

... This thread's 'bout being salty, though. Not about why you do or don't buy games. >_>;

^ Yep, there's always a rare exception to games dedicated for online multiplayer.

I sure as hell didn't buy Brawl for Subspace Emissary. =P

leveling up is to insane and time-consuming

That doesn't make me salty, but I can certainly agree with ya. Getting to 5th prestige on Red Dead Redemption took me... what, a literal 24 hours of monotonous level grinding (not really even playing multiplayer; went through "Pike's Basin" and killed CPUs for the quickest possible XP). And 90% of the grinding was during bonus triple XP Rockstar is so kind to throw up every once in awhile. Wouldn't of bothered grinding at all if it weren't for triple XP...

If leveling up in multiplayer takes awhile, fine. But if the best method of leveling up isn't even playing the multiplayer aspect of the game, or you're spending literally days in game time, that's a bit ****ed up (the competitive modes of Red Dead give **** XP, and the more people that join you in a posse to do hideouts like Pike's Basin, the less XP you get, so you're forced to go boring-solo for level grinding).

I would of assumed it was all the whiny 8 year olds, but valid none the less.
Its the cheaters, hackers, wines and rage quitters.

Last game I played online was Jump ultimate stars on DS years ago

All the other people stood there charging all match. I go to attack them with combos that I know knock off lots of life. THEY LOST NO LIFE!
They attacked me once I died.

Other fights where I was wining I got the old "Connection with user lost" message

Back