Saved game video format?

NewtonVoig

WiiChat Member
Feb 8, 2007
When you save the replay of a Smash Brawl match what format will the file be? Will it be a simple process to upload it off of the Wii? I ask because I manage a website Voig.com and I plan on running many online Smash Brawl tournaments. I would LOVE for the participants to have the ability to upload their matches onto the site. Then users could watch all the games played by the tournament winner, or the entire tournament if they so desire.

AtomicB said:
Videos can be ACC to?!?
Uh-oh...

AAC is an audio format.

It's possible that the Brawl videos won't be actual video files. They could be just the sequence of moves that are saved and then played back through the game engine. It saves a lot of space that way. But on the other hand, they have a time limit, which kind of makes me think they are just a regular video file... Hmm.. We'll have to wait and find out I guess.

Skippy said:
It's possible that the Brawl videos won't be actual video files. They could be just the sequence of moves that are saved and then played back through the game engine. It saves a lot of space that way.

Not possible. This will be the case. The demos will be data files which are read and processed by the SSBB engine.

I betcha.

Well, that's how all in-game replays are developed...

Real video file sizes can easily hit a 200 MB in size for a mere 30 minute runtime. Data files replayed by a game engine can be as small as a few MB to cover as much as an hour.

And it's usually a custom format unique and only readable by that game, and not possibly interpreted by anything else.

vi3tmix said:
Well, that's how all in-game replays are developed...

Real video file sizes can easily hit a 200 MB in size for a mere 30 minute runtime. Data files replayed by a game engine can be as small as a few MB to cover as much as an hour.

I agree that that makes the most sense, but then why the 5 minute limit for replay videos?

I think the reason for the time limit on the videos is probably related to the limited storage space on the Wii.

Back