Saving a game in Tiger Woods

agiace

WiiChat Member
May 21, 2007
Does anyone know how to save a game mid-round in tiger woods? I tried to quit a game and it asks me whether I want to save my player, but it does not save my round unless I finish all 18. HELP!

the developers did that so that you couldnt save the game after each hole and replay that hole after re-loading every time you mis-hit

kind of dumb...18 holes can take some time. Even the 2006 PC version allowed me to save a game halfway through. It relaoded at the point you left off...even if you were on stroke 8 of hole 8. Oh well. Thanks

agiace said:
kind of dumb...18 holes can take some time. Even the 2006 PC version allowed me to save a game halfway through. It relaoded at the point you left off...even if you were on stroke 8 of hole 8. Oh well. Thanks

stroke 8 :yikes:

i can usually do 18 holes in about 30 minutes and thats playing against someone..what can i say apart from practice

ps (dont forget the little green mushroom :thumbsup: )

Stallyon said:
stroke 8 :yikes:

i can usually do 18 holes in about 30 minutes and thats playing against someone..what can i say apart from practice

ps (dont forget the little green mushroom :thumbsup: )

blah blah blah.........
its bull**it you cant save a game from the moment you ask to quit and resume from there.
developers excusing lazy programming...
its (in case you hadn't picked up on it) really annoying

why not make it so that you can save and reload after every shot...that way you can never have a bad round....and while we're at it - why not take out the trees, the water and the bunkers

Stallyon said:
why not make it so that you can save and reload after every shot...that way you can never have a bad round....and while we're at it - why not take out the trees, the water and the bunkers

can a save not be auto erased once play is resumed? I understand the hardware space gabble gabble but surely its possible as some of us, despite the love of gaming, don't have 36 hours a day to indulge ourselves...

jky said:
can a save not be auto erased once play is resumed? I understand the hardware space gabble gabble but surely its possible as some of us, despite the love of gaming, don't have 36 hours a day to indulge ourselves...

i can only assume that the game saves over any previous data and not creates a new save file. if it created a new file then your wii would become very full very quickly. Also, a saved game would only be lost if you powered down your wii while it was loading/saving which would be disastrous :sick:

Stallyon said:
i can only assume that the game saves over any previous data and not creates a new save file. if it created a new file then your wii would become very full very quickly. Also, a saved game would only be lost if you powered down your wii while it was loading/saving which would be disastrous :sick:

You know what you're talking about obviously but I think you are missing my point....
You refer to what is possible with the existing mechanics, i'm merely saying why couldn't they programme the erasing of saved data upon restarting so you cannot cheat???
Anyway, this game operates as closely to a real golf swing as pouring cat sick into your ear.

jky said:
You know what you're talking about obviously but I think you are missing my point....
You refer to what is possible with the existing mechanics, i'm merely saying why couldn't they programme the erasing of saved data upon restarting so you cannot cheat???
Anyway, this game operates as closely to a real golf swing as pouring cat sick into your ear.

ok, so lets say that your saved game is auto-erased when you re-start..your wii system would then not hold any saved data relating to the game at all. you've been playing quite happily for weeks and built up your character to superstar status and your happy as larry.....but then, disaster strikes - your have a power out in your neighbourhood and your wii shuts down. you start up expecting to find your game is ok but then realise that it auto-erases all saved data while you are playing....

Do you:
a) demand a refund on the game
b) take your own 6 iron from out of the garage and go on a bloody rampage
c) cry insanely
d) all of the above

I'd go for d) personally :wtf:

jky said:

Then why would want to play 18 holes if you don't like it? The function you speak of only occurs on the PC version. I've had every Tiger Woods on the PS2 and that has not been an option. There is an option to turn off the animations between shots, thus speeding it up. The set-up option allows you to play 9 holes, why not just do that? :yesnod:

Really if you haven't time for 9 holes, then you've bought a game without understanding what the game itself is.
Golf is not a quick game in real life, if you don't have time to play then why buy it? :shocked:

Or you could just keep whining about an option on a game you don't like for the rest of your life. I feel based on your discussions with Stallyon, this will be your preferred choice.:wtf:

miiguy said:
Or you could just keep whining about an option on a game you don't like for the rest of your life. I feel based on your discussions with Stallyon, this will be your preferred choice.:wtf:

I've decided, following my discussions with JKY, that this weekend when i'm playing real golf - if i make a bad shot then i'm going to get my ball and play it over and over and over again until i'm happy with the result....or better still, if i only have 5 minutes to spare I'll go to the golf course, play the one shot then leave my ball where it is until i have another spare 5 minutes to play the next shot...

will that improve my game? :crazy:

Really if you haven't time for 9 holes, then you've bought a game without understanding what the game itself is.
Golf is not a quick game in real life, if you don't have time to play then why buy it? :shocked:

Or you could just keep whining about an option on a game you don't like for the rest of your life. I feel based on your discussions with Stallyon, this will be your preferred choice.:wtf:[/QUOTE]

just a couple of points i'd like to make...

1) the cat sick comment was a light hearted reference to an essentially bad representation of the actual golf swing that nintendo advertised (despite this, its still fun to play) ((not bought wiiguy - present))

2) All i wanted to do was start a game and not feel trapped for hours on end, you two have gone a bit weird and defensive.

Back