Saving Game Data in Virtual Console

sunflowerkh

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2006
I recently dowloaded NES Super Mario Brothers. Not sure thought why it's not saving the game data. I have gotten so far in the game and it never saves the data. (Never played the orignal game). Any help or suggestions?

sunflowerkh said:
I recently dowloaded NES Super Mario Brothers. Not sure thought why it's not saving the game data. I have gotten so far in the game and it never saves the data. (Never played the orignal game). Any help or suggestions?

You have to rember that older systems didn't have save features like the new systems do. You either played the whole game through or you started over next time.

No not the supension point. Actually saving our progress in the game instead of starting over each time.

csiguy4u said:
You have to rember that older systems didn't have save features like the new systems do. You either played the whole game through or you started over next time.
Thanks for the answer. Just find it odd that there's not saving option. I've played Super Mario World on Super Ninetendo and that saved - which the version for NES seems very similar.

Yeah, CSIguy4u has answered it. That was what I was leading up to - you can't save data on old games. You can create a suspension point, however, but pushing the home button and returning to the menu. Then, next time you play the game, you'll continue from where you were before.

Thanks. I never really played the older games so I'm learning as I go.

Sweet, I had not realized there was the suspension point option. As I leave my system on at all times, that'll be pretty nice (no writing down passwords for super castlevania).

A lot of NES games did not have save features. Most had codes... Like Justin Bailey for Metriod.

Back