saving games...

lionman

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
ok....naive Dad here again. Have established that on Xmas day I do not have to worry about linking to the web staright away. What about saving games? Do you save games direct to the wii drive or does it require use of the SD card. Does the wii come with a card.....I cant check as the wife has wrapped it al up for the kids for xmas and i did not check beforehand...she prob only did it to stop me having a sneek midnight game whilst the family were aseep :mad2:

If it does come with the SD ..do i need to go out and buy a new card with bigger memory or will the supplied one suffice...can you use any type of SD standard card?

ok..lots of questions..I'll stop now..promise !!! :thumbsup:

The Wii has 512mb of internal flash memory so you can save all your stuff on that, I am using that at the moment, I have an SD card on order from play.com 1GB for £13.99 but not aure if I will ever need it, except for putting photo's etc on.

can you load saved games from the SD card? or do they have to be loaded from internal memory??

Unfortunately, there is no way to save and load games from the SD card even with the current update. The current update allows you to ONLY back up save files and channels to the SD card and slightly updates menus and parental controls. This is for my US region Wii. Fear not, Nintendo will make it happen.

so once you have them backed up on your SD card, can you then put them back into internal memory? i'm guessing yes... cause if not, what would be the point of the back up?

you are correct there sir.

to sum up the SD questions:
- SD cards are either for backup or because you filled up the 512mb on your wii
- any SD standard card will do
- you probably wont fill up the 512mb with saves alone for a long long time
- you dont really need an SD card right now, wait till you can steal one from a friend/relative or get one for like 5 bux off of SlickDeals.net
- The wii does not come with an SD card

-SpideyKonfusion :D

Back