Saving music on wii

lazyperson555

WiiChat Member
Dec 20, 2006
Is their anyway to save music on a sd card to transfer it to a wii with a sd card drive on my (dell) desktop or a card reader? Is it possible to just rip music from a cd on a wii?

i think you can only listen to music with the SD card, but not with an audio CD. But you can't transfer the music to the wii or at least that's what i know.

it does have a built in hard drive....it should be able to work. Sounds like a good idea...

as of my knowledge i dont know they only place where u can hear it i think is the photo channel....but its worth lookin into and trin out.

alright im gonna go try to rip a cd onto my wii. ill be back in a few min to say if it worked.

:-( nope u cant rip cds onto a wii. Any1 know anyother way that might work without a sd drice on ur pc or a card reader?

Last edited by a moderator:
IzWiZzLe said:
it does have a built in hard drive....it should be able to work. Sounds like a good idea...

The Wii does not have a built in hard drive.

AT this time the Wii can not save music on to its 512 MB flash memory. You can either listen to mp3 files with a sd card on the photo channel via slideshow or use the internet and go to finetunes.

The Wii's internal storage is only writable when you are transferring save game data or channels from the SD card to the internal memory.

you can lissen to mp3's if you play excite truck from what i know and the pic's ch

IzWiZzLe said:
...i stand corrected:yesnod: so where is it exactly that the saved games are saved to?

The Wii has 512MB of internal flash memory for storing game saves, VC downloads, etc.

Back