saving on the sd card...help?

Morg4

WiiChat Member
Aug 19, 2007
Okay so, my brother got Mario Strikers Charged for his birthday and we both have been dying to play it. Sure we can play 2 player and online, but we both can't have our own single player file.

So my brother went out the other day and picked up an SD card hoping that would fix the problem because we thought that if you could only save one game on the wii, then couldn't you save another on the SD card?

We just can't get it working...
Is it possible to have another seperate save file using the SD card?

If so...how? Please help..

dude wut are you asking? you should be able to play w/o the sd card give me more info maybe i can help... =)

alright it's just really hard to explain...

Yes, we can still play the game, but only create one save file. right?
So we thought that if we bought an SD card, it would function as a memory card and we could save another file on the SD card.

Does the SD card even work like that? I just want to be able to hold 2 save files instead of just 1. And I thought that the SD card would enable us to save 1 game on the wii, and the other 1 on the SD card, considering it fuctions like a memory card.

I don't know...is that possible? If this even makes sense...lol

umm ok this is hard to take in sorta cuz ive only had the wii for a week buti will try to help you lol... ok let me get one thing clear then i can give you an answer is this online or regular play?...

just regular play. Like single player, going for the Striker Cup.

It's just me and my brother both wanted to play for the striker cup, but the game would only allow one save file.

And we thought the SD card would solve that problem, if it functions like a memory card. But we can still only have one save file...

Does the SD card allow for another save file to be created?

you know what i think that you can only do one player man umm wait in the morning when people wake up lol they will answer your question cuz i never played 2 on striker cup but yea i dont think you can do it soorry =)

You can't save directly to the SD card. You have to go into the Wii menu and move the save file from the Wii memory to the SD card, then restart MSC and create the new profile.

Unfortunately having only one SD card means that you can only back up your one profile, not really have 2 profiles (if there is already a profile on either the Wii memory or the SD card, you have to erase it in order to write another copy to that memory, so there is no way to rotate two profiles even with a SD card, you can have them but in order to rotate them as you wish, you will need two SD cards)

Back