Saving SSBB games to SDcard

Mogz

Elite
Mar 18, 2008
At home, I have few unlock characters on my console. However, when I bring my SSBB CD to my friend's house to play on his console, there were no unlock characters.

My question is how do you save your unlock characters to an SD card so you can upload them to another WII console?

Copy your save file from your Wii to the SD card, then bring the SD card, put it into his Wii, copy the save file from SD card to his Wii. This can all be done in Data Management in the Wii options.

Hmm I thought I had read somewhere that SSBB save data couldn't be copied to an SD card. Would be nice if that's not the case. Big negative ding against Guitar Hero.

Thanks, I thought that would be the way, but i forgot to add something. When i try to save my SSBB file to my SD card from the Data Management screen, it says can't copy... I guess there could be a "read only" switch on my SD card, i'll have to double check on it.

Mogz said:
When i try to save my SSBB file to my SD card from the Data Management screen, it says can't copy... I guess there could be a "read only" switch on my SD card, i'll have to double check on it.
Sounds like my memory is correct then.

:mad5: @ Nintendo

Its not my Wii nor my SD card cause I can copy other files fine just not SSBB. Therfore, it has to be the game itself that does not allow you to write to other SD cards.

Guess I'm going to have to bring my console with me too if i'm going to play at my friend's house -_-

READ THE MANUAL it says specifically in it that you can't copy your save to an sd card. How ever if you go into the vault you can save screen shots custom levels and other things.

It's total bullshit. Nintendo made the Wii. Nintendo descided to store savegames internally. Nintendo realized the problem and made it so you could back up your save games to an SD card (in case your Wii had to be repaired or replaced). Then Nintendo made SSBB and randomly decides to prevent you from using this feature which they designed? What the hell?

Same thing goes for Guitar Hero. Bastards.

The other day when my wii stopped working i called the nintendo customer support. I asked them if there was any way to save my memory so i would keep all my smash achievements. He then asked if i have ever thought about investing in a sd card to back up my files. So i guess according to this nintendo customer service rep you can save smash to a sd card. Not sure how true this is though. Unfortunately my wii wouldn't even turn on for me to save my files, so it looks like im gonna play everything over. At least that game is insanely amazing.

You simply can't do it they made it like this because they didn't want everyone to just go on the internet and download a game save they actually want everyone to play the game. You have to unlock the characters on your friends console as well as your own thats the only way to do it. Just beat subspace emmisary have your friend co-op with you its not that hard and it unlocks all the characters.

Link_of_Hyrule said:
You simply can't do it they made it like this because they didn't want everyone to just go on the internet and download a game save they actually want everyone to play the game.
This could apply to any game. So why create the feature of backing up game saves to an SD card at all?

Considering the save games are stored internally on the Wii (a device prone to failure and needing repair/replacement), it's a disservice to their customers to lock it to a specific Wii. I know personally I'm not all that inclined to invest time in a game that I could randomly lose all my hours of progress just because my Wii goes on the fritz.

Geometry Wars: Galaxies is another game which won't allow its save data to be copied to SD.

How is this sort of thing handled on the 360 and PS3? Can you back up and restore your save data on those systems? For all games?

Back