SCART? [need help from Europeans]

ZeroG

SexChat Member
Sep 19, 2006
Herts, UK
Wii Online Code
3021-4104-5367-1903
Does a SCART cable work with 480p, and do Gold Plated SCART cables actually improve anything?

No Im pretty sure you need the component cable for 480p.

Gold plating means less disruption to the av signal as it passes round the system so yeah it makes stuff better. Ive never really been all that bothered about it.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about SCART, but I do know that gold plated cables don't make hardly any difference at all. The only way you could even tell a difference is if you put a meter on the cable to test it.

yosh64 said:
hey

Actually I think a SCART cable supports Composite, RGB, and S-Video signals, so I gathered after taking a peek at SCART - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. So I think it just depends if your television or whatever supports 480p or not :).

cyas

SCART will NOT support 480p (this can only be obtained via the component cables and a TV that supports Progressive Scan).

To notice a difference in SCART cables, you need to invest in a gas injected cable, otherwise you won't see the difference between a gold plated and a standard SCART - unless you are really looking.

hey

@Haz: Yep, I just learnt you are right.

Sorry if I have given anyone the wrong idea.

cyas

but the wii scart cable will give me a better picture than component (red, white, yellow) wont they? How much better? Is it worth the extra £15? Sorry, a lot of you will consider this a 'noob' question, but i really dont know much about tvs.

chessaholic said:
but the wii scart cable will give me a better picture than component (red, white, yellow) wont they? How much better? Is it worth the extra £15? Sorry, a lot of you will consider this a 'noob' question, but i really dont know much about tvs.

RGB will give you a better picture than composite, but not better than component.

Back