Scart TV sets vs. Nintenco Wii

2faced

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
Belgium
Wii Online Code
5123-6192-4073-0388
Scart TV sets vs. Nintendo Wii

I hear a lot of different strories about TVs that have a SCART input only.

A lot of European TV sets only have scart as input as it was/is the EU standard. So my guess is that for the European launch (5 more days!) there will be some sort of scart-capable connection foreseen in the box of the Wii right?

I hear conflicting stories, and everyone who I ask starts to tell me about 'composite' cables and such. But I've checked these out and my TV simply doesn't have all that. Almost every tv I know in my surroundings has SCART only.
How will the Wii be playable on such TV? Any help?

greetings
D.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure for you guys it will come with a Scart plug. In America, the composite is what the majority of people have. You have the SCART plug. The main difference is resolution, and SCART has a nicer picture/ more pixels.

So yes, they will have SCART plugs.

Stagg said:
I am pretty sure for you guys it will come with a Scart plug. In America, the composite is what the majority of people have. You have the SCART plug. The main difference is resolution, and SCART has a nicer picture/ more pixels.

So yes, they will have SCART plugs.

Thanks man, I'm less nervous now :) Can't wait, can't wait

If we find it just comes with Composite, you will need to pick yourself up one of these (composite to Scart plug) - I got one off ebay for about 99p.

scart2.jpg

Back