screen distorsion issue

jeordie

WiiChat Member
Oct 6, 2007
Hello everybody,

I've had a new Wii for about two weeks now. Everything was perfect until yesterday I noticed some funny bending/distortion on the up-right corner and also somewhere else. I thought it was a Tv problem but it's not - I linked the Wii to another TV, and it does the same.

It is most noticeable in the Wii menu', where straight lines are obviously bended. Some corners look bended, and also twisted and rotated! It's subtle but straight lines aren't straight anymore. It is less noticeable to the eye during gaming, but it's there.

Somebody experienced something similar? What am I supposed to do?

I've never personally heard of this problem, but I would return it since it's only two weeks old and get another one. Or send it in under warranty...

الطاااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااااقعة

laurie_lu said:
Maybe you should hook up your Wii to a different TV and see if the problem repeats.
He already tried that. :)

Seems I get the same effect using my bedroom television verses the living room, things like to bend and round a bit. Sounds A LOT like my Super Nintendo problem back in the day, where the SNES was having trouble with some vertical hold positioning and would scroll the screen constantly on "older" dial-style TV's of the day. I had to send it into Nintendo to have it made compatible.

So my first question is.... How old is the TV(s) you are testing it on? The one I had trouble with is about a 13 year old Mitsubishi fed via RCA, didn't try it by RF (Cable) feed or S-Video with it, but got the same problem. My living room TV is much newer and is only about 4 years old, and I don't have a problem with it. I suggest calling Nintendo and seeing if others are reporting the same problems, however I noticed this only on older television sets. :(

Yes, how old is the tv? Just because it turns on, doesn't mean it's good for modern gaming systems. Anything older than 10 years should be sent to a recycler, and a new set purchased.

lol, i have a similar problem where coulors in the top left/right side of the screen goes opposite coulors, hardly noticable it's only a small patch. tv's about 2 years old and when i turn the wii off or exit out of anything it's fine, i think it has something to do with 'burn in'

You might have a bad flux capacitor...They are really expensive and hard to get replaced under warranty because it's nearly impossible to tell how old one is.

Back