Screen Position-Glitches with VC Games (Pics)

cookiemonsta11111

Huge Member
Jan 27, 2007
Victoria, Australia
Wii Online Code
2154-9969-3510-2243
Hey Everyone,

for a while now with differing VC games i seem to have some empty pixels that appear on the left side of the screen as seen in these pics.

glitch1jb9.jpg

glitch2rj8.jpg

I believe this has something to do with my Screen Position Settings. Which are currently set to - 4, which makes the screen dead centre. However with VC games it doesn't, leaving a column of empty/coloured blocks on the left hand side of the screen. Note i have a 4:3 classic square TV.

Does anyone know of any ways to fix this!?

Edit: I'd just like to add that this only occurs with certain NES games, asseen in my pics SM3 and Kriby's Adventure are victims of this.

Last edited:
it's because ninty uses emulation 4 the vc. and the master copy of the rom 4 those games is screwed up. any smb3 rom u play will have that problem.

have you ever played on an NES? that was normal. you'd be lucky if you can get games to work properly (the ones that you've played a lot). blowing out the cartrige, putting it in just enough for it to go down, ect... ahhh the good old days :p

heymoe99 said:
have you ever played on an NES? that was normal. you'd be lucky if you can get games to work properly (the ones that you've played a lot). blowing out the cartrige, putting it in just enough for it to go down, ect... ahhh the good old days :p

Yeah, no kidding. Also, to address the original question:

If you take just about any NES game and hook it up to an HDtv, it will do about that same thing. The reason we see this effect now is because 20 years ago we were all playing NES on TVs that didn't have the capabilities that today's TVs have and probably didn't even show but 95% of the entire 8-bit screen.

Anyway, it's normal regardless of emulation.

Back