SD card file structure?

locojay

WiiChat Member
Mar 20, 2007
Is there a specific file stucture the Wii needs to find mp3's and jpg's on the memory card? I've tried it a couple different ways with no results. Do I have to dump all the files directly onto the card instead of putting them under actual folders?

Maybe my Wii just doesn't like my sd card? It's a Sandisk Micro SD inside one of those sleeve/adapters.

I didn't use folders, and it was all good.

no, the wii should find them

you can create different folders for the music... now... how are you trying to get the music on the wii?

I'm trying to play them thru the photo channel. I found this thread with the search button but it's not working for me. I got it to find the jpg's but I'm still not getting the music. I guess I'll put the files directly on the card (no folders) and give it another try.

locojay said:
I'm trying to play them thru the photo channel. I found this thread with the search button but it's not working for me. I got it to find the jpg's but I'm still not getting the music. I guess I'll put the files directly on the card (no folders) and give it another try.

well, it should work, I have my pictures on a folder and the music in another folder and my wii found them...

do you have excite truck???

Nope, I don't have excite truck.

I must be doing something wrong then. There's not a maximum sample rate for the Wii is there?

I'm going to try again tonight.

locojay said:

in photo channel just hit slide show, right at the count down press a, then settings, then songs... if it doesn't work... then I do not know

Back