SD Card from Camera

WiiLink

WiiChat Member
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
Don't worry, I'm not going to ask If an SD card is needed :)

I have a 2G SD card in my Nikon camera. I was just wondering if I could use that for both my camera and my Wii. I'm sure the Wii would recognize it but I don't want to save files on it, then later use the card in my camera and possibly mess up my camera or at least not have the camera accept the memory card while the saved data is on it. Just wondering if anyone uses an SD card for both their Wii and camera. I'm kind of hesitant to buy another SD card because eventually someone will be able to find out how to hook up an external hard drive.

Thanks for the help.

WiiLink said:
Don't worry, I'm not going to ask If an SD card is needed :)

I have a 2G SD card in my Nikon camera. I was just wondering if I could use that for both my camera and my Wii. I'm sure the Wii would recognize it but I don't want to save files on it, then later use the card in my camera and possibly mess up my camera or at least not have the camera accept the memory card while the saved data is on it. Just wondering if anyone uses an SD card for both their Wii and camera. I'm kind of hesitant to buy another SD card because eventually someone will be able to find out how to hook up an external hard drive.

Thanks for the help.

It won't be a problem at all. The Wii will read whatever pictures you have on your sd card any way. Your camera will only recognize the pics and vids. No problems whatsoever.:yesnod:

I do, and the Wii files save in a separate location. Really, though, the only proctical use I've had so far for the SD card is for the photo channel (which says it won't save to your SD card). Saving games to a card is a hastle, because you can't actually save to the card. You have to save to onboard, then copy it to the card from the memory management.

I'm just considering additional memory because I plan to download a lot of VC games. Thanks for the replies :thumbsup:

tank said:
as long as it's formatted as a Fat32 file system it will work.

I'm guessing you mean the format of the memory card? Any way I can find out which format it is at now? From the properties it says it's RAW

I'm guessing to format the card, just go into 'my computer' and right click the removable drive and format as FAT32 right?

Will it have any effect on the quality of the pictures I take with my camera?

Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:
Back