SD Card Info

Mariofan76

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2007
Hello, I would like to know how I can put a SD Card into the Wii?

Also once I put a SD Card into my Wii, Can I take it back out?

Thank you!

Yes...

On the front face of the wii, there is a door on the left side. Pop that open and a slot is in there. When you want to take it out, push it back in and then pull it out...

I don't know but as long as we are asking about SD cards - is there a difference between a "gaming" card and a regular card?

laruli said:
I don't know but as long as we are asking about SD cards - is there a difference between a "gaming" card and a regular card?

Nope...other than price.

They slap their name on it and jack up the prices so idiots buy them. Now that it's close to Christmas, you can find 2GB cards for like...15 dollars.

How do you mean how to put it in. You put it in the memory card slot and if it's micro SD, you need an adapter which you usually get when you buy a micro SD card. Of course you can take it out and use on your computer, camera, an mp3 player etc. Also if you play game cube games on your wii, you have to have SD card. The other day I bought 2 GB micro SD for my wii.

The SD I have [From a Cannon Camera] wont work on my Wii haha. Just says SD Card Unuseable

:S, I don't use it anyways was just weird to see that

davortech said:
How do you mean how to put it in. You put it in the memory card slot and if it's micro SD, you need an adapter which you usually get when you buy a micro SD card. Of course you can take it out and use on your computer, camera, an mp3 player etc. [strike]Also if you play game cube games on your wii, you have to have SD card. [/strike]The other day I bought 2 GB micro SD for my wii.

It was going so well...

You need a GAMECUBE memory card to save Gamecube games.

Cna anyone tell me if Sony Memory Stiks work for the Wii? I have a 2 Gig from my PSP and that would be awesome if they worked, I know it doesn't work for my digital camera so does it work?

FLYNNN said:
Cna anyone tell me if Sony Memory Stiks work for the Wii? I have a 2 Gig from my PSP and that would be awesome if they worked, I know it doesn't work for my digital camera so does it work?

no. sony is sony... they have their own crap. to them it's called a memory stick or something. it fits in sony camera's, tv's, ect... but not a ps2... then again, idk what came out first..

Back