SD Card JAM!

TexasDudeUSA

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
It's so annoying, every time I insert my SD card into my WII, it jams so tight. The I have to grab each end with my fingers and move the card left, right, left, right, until i finally pops out. What's the deal? Has this happened to anyone else? This happens to me EVERY time I insert an SD Card into my Wii.

TexasDudeUSA said:
It's so annoying, every time I insert my SD card into my WII, it jams so tight. The I have to grab each end with my fingers and move the card left, right, left, right, until i finally pops out. What's the deal? Has this happened to anyone else? This happens to me EVERY time I insert an SD Card into my Wii.

Dude you must have some big fingers! :lol:

Naah seriously, rather than damage the beloved Wii, buy a pair of rubber tipped tweezers. Most Chemists do them. :yesnod:

When you push it in, To get it back out again you push it in and it releases it and comes back out, If you get me. Try it :)

What way are you inserting the SD card to the Wii? If your Wii is upright then the top side of the SD card faces to the right of the Wii. You should feel a click. When you take it out just push it in and it will pop out. It's spring loaded.

Last edited:
Pull an SD out is a typical mistake. Some SD slots do require pulling and that is very confusing. So always try pushing first.

Lol you guys, thanks for the responses but I'm very Techy, so I know that I have to push the card again to have it pop out. Haha. It use to do that, but now it doesn't anymore. It still reads the cards that I put in it though, it's just brain surgery to pull the card out, cause now the more I push it the tighter it gets and doesn't bounce back.

Back