SD Card Not Working....

The-Wii-Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2006
I just bought a 1 GB Sandisk SD Card for Wii. When i put it in the SD Slot on my PC and open the folder to view files, it wont let me put anything on it. Ive tryed Drag 'n Drop, Copy 'n Paste and tried saving stuff straight onto it off the web but it just comes up with:

Error Copying File Or Folder, Cannot copy (object) The device is not ready.

Can anyone help as i just spent £30 on this and i cant even put anything on it.

Thanks.:thumbsup:

yea i would check to make sure the card isnt locked. Also, can you use the card with a computer or camera? This will tell you if the problem is the card, or the reader in the Wii.

I'm still waiting for my SD card to arrive from newegg.com :) 2Gb Kingston SD card for $25

But yea try reading the card in a computer or camera and let us know if it works there. If not, and the card is not locked, it's just defective and that's what warrenties are for :) Good Luck

Eric

No Luck.

No its definitely not locked and this happens when it is in my computer thats what i meant.

oh... hmmm.... i would try formatting it like stated above :) If still nothing, then I'd call the place you bought it from.

Thanks for the advice but im kinda new to SD cards. How do i format it?? Thanks in advance.:D

well, assuming your computer at least recognizes the card, i would first goto My Computer. If it is there, then right click it, and goto format. If that doesn't work, I can give you directions on how to format it through the management utility. Just let me know. Hopefully that will work though.

I formatted it and it still happens.:yikes: When i go to format i have a few options is there any specific ones i should choose?

Capacity only has one option.

File System: NTFS
FAT 32
FAT

Format Options: Quick Format
Enable Compression
Create an MS-DOS start up disk.

And CNUFijiBluSi, if possible could you tell me how to format it throught a management utility?

Thanks.

I would format it in Fat32 personally. Using the manager utility won't help any. Since you can see it in my computer, formatting it there is pretty much the same thing. If you are still having problems, you may need to contact the place you bought it at. sounds defective. :)

The-Wii-Man said:
I just bought a 1 GB Sandisk SD Card for Wii. When i put it in the SD Slot on my PC and open the folder to view files, it wont let me put anything on it. Ive tryed Drag 'n Drop, Copy 'n Paste and tried saving stuff straight onto it off the web but it just comes up with:

Error Copying File Or Folder, Cannot copy (object) The device is not ready.

Can anyone help as i just spent £30 on this and i cant even put anything on it.

Thanks.:thumbsup:

I have a similar problem tho I can't eaven use it in my PC.
Tho in my WII all works fine... wierd.

Back