SD card problem

Irish2685

WiiChat Member
Feb 9, 2007
So, I just bought an SD card, and when I try to put it in my wii, it does not show up in the data management screen. I also tried two others that my dad had, and those didn't show up either. Am I doing something wrong, or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i wanted to bump this thread because i have the same problem with a 2gb kingston sd card?can anyone help pls?

Have you tried formatting it as FAT32? You'd have to do it with a computer though, I don't think the Wii has a format function for SD cards...

It should work as either FAT16 or FAT32, but give FAT32 a try. If it's already formatted that way, you could give reformatting it a shot...

I'm using a crappy PNY card (2 gb) and although it's slow as molasses, it does work...

i have just formated it again and put a 1mp3 and 1 picture in it well i was able to see the picture but i still cant see my sd card in data management near the wii

I bought one of the ones nintendo made for the wii from toys r us. It works on my wii but the other day I took it to my cousins house so i could play my game files on his wii but it didn't show up on his. I think it must be the update u get when u first get a successful coneection to the internet on ur wii. I think u need it to be able to use the sd cards with ur wii. I have the update on my wii and it worked. My cousin doesn't have the update and it didn't work on his.

And also i thought u were suppose to be able to download mp3 on the card from wii games. How do u does this if u can?

Last edited:
DeathKnight. said:
damn that nintendo usb wifi dongle thing is $70 here pff...
thanks for your help

$70? If u bought that u got ripped off. U can find a lot of em a lot cheaper than that. I can't remember how much i bought mine for but i got it at walmart and i know it was a lot cheaper then $70.

Mine recognised the one in my TomTom and today it refused to recognise it, I'm puzzled.

I lied I found it even cheaper.

2GB SanDisk Nintendo Wii SD Card £18 I shall be buying one soon.

Last edited:
Back