SD Card Question!

chase

Say wha'!? ...Oh.
Nov 26, 2006
Okay so for Christmas I got a digital camera and, along with that, a 2GB SD Card. Yessss... Okay, so, if/when I get a Wii, and save games and other stuff on that, do you think when I look at pictures on my digital camera there will be some "corrupt-looking" files on there with it? Hope this is clear enough to understand...

I have a sony card that I hook up to my Laptop, and when I use it as a storage device the items show but can't be opened (I only see these files if I really get into the camera storage settings.) The camera should automatically just ignore them when browsing pictures and videos. Cameras are only made to recognize certain file types.

hope this helps.

eMCe said:
I have a sony card that I hook up to my Laptop, and when I use it as a storage device the items show but can't be opened (I only see these files if I really get into the camera storage settings.) The camera should automatically just ignore them when browsing pictures and videos. Cameras are only made to recognize certain file types.

hope this helps.
It sure does. Thanks :)
That's what I thought would happen...

I never thought about it before, but really you could share a saved game w/ a friend over the internet. Hm. Interesting.

chase said:
It sure does. Thanks :)
That's what I thought would happen...

I never thought about it before, but really you could share a saved game w/ a friend over the internet. Hm. Interesting.
Um, no:eek:ut:, the games are console locked, people always think that because you can save games to an SD card and put an SD card in a computer and send files on that card over the internet, but what people don't get is that the file is coded so if it is put on another Wii, the file just plainly won't work

gamechaser001 said:
Um, no:eek:ut:, the games are console locked, people always think that because you can save games to an SD card and put an SD card in a computer and send files on that card over the internet, but what people don't get is that the file is coded so if it is put on another Wii, the file just plainly won't work
Ok, sorry... didn't mean to offend you... :scared:

chase said:
Ok, sorry... didn't mean to offend you... :scared:
you didn't offend me, you just need to research your facts before saying something, if oyu did some research, you would figure you that is not possible

Just because you can take a file off the Wii and put it online dosen't mean that it will be compatible on somebody elses Wii, if it did work, that would be easy piracy wouldn't it? Don't you think Nintendo would of thought about that?

No, I'm talking about a saved game, like a game progress save... that's not piracy... not the whole game... there's no reason why that wouldn't work... it would be just like bringing your SD card to someone's house so they can see how far you got on your game or something.

game save sharing does work for the wii i can confirm that.

cannon said:
game save sharing does work for the wii i can confirm that.

me too. there is a site for up and downloading other peoples wiisave s. just make sure you get NTSC or PAL!!

Man see someone jumping down someone else's throat about getting their facts straight... I mean I'm not saying names but ::cough Gamechaser001 cough:: someone needs to make sure they've read the post correctly before going off on poor Chase.

And anybody got that site w/ game saves?

does it matter what kind of SD card it is coz i need one to put music and pics on my wii

Can someone give me a link to a site that has instructions on how to add saved profiles to games on wii?

Back