SD Card questions

HubMonkey

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2008
I know you are able to "Copy" things to the SD card, like saved games and channels, but are you able to run thos of the SD card for space savings?

Example: Save the "Internet Channel" to the SD card and run it from there?

Hub

HubMonkey said:
I know you are able to "Copy" things to the SD card, like saved games and channels, but are you able to run thos of the SD card for space savings?

Example: Save the "Internet Channel" to the SD card and run it from there?

Hub

No, you can not. Sorry.

.....At least not yet.

Welcome to one of the biggest shortcomings of the Wii: the near uselessness of the SD card slot combined with insufficient internal memory. Here Nintendo has the ability to allow for seamless expansion based upon individual user needs, but instead they needlessly handicap the memory expansion slot so that your only options are cumbersome and hardly sufficient.

You should be able to add a 1GB SD card and have the Wii report 1.5GB total system memory, and that's that. But no.

from what I hear they are releasing another "edition" Wii (to screw those of us who own this one) with more memory and DVD playback, im not sure if you'll STILL be able to play games from the DS card even in the new edition.

stugots said:
from what I hear they are releasing another "edition" Wii (to screw those of us who own this one) with more memory and DVD playback, im not sure if you'll STILL be able to play games from the DS card even in the new edition.
From what you hear from where? Please give a source, as that sounds suspiciously like my own made-up bitter hunch that I said elsewhere on these forums a while back.

I remember reading it awhile back when I googled which was the best SD card to buy for Wii

Yeah i heard from a reliable source that the new wii will play dvd/hddvd/blue ray and have the ability to play PS3 and xbox 360 games plus an in built 320gb hard drive to go with the complete media centre software...Honest...:crazy:

stugots said:
I remember reading it awhile back when I googled which was the best SD card to buy for Wii
If you're going to believe everything you read on the internet, you need to turn off your computer now and step away, for your own safety.

Go play checkers or something.

Actually the SD card will be very useful for Brawl. I heard you can save replays, and your own custom maps to the card. Nintendo plans on using it for Wiiware in the near future.

Right now I agree it's one of the biggest flaws for the Wii. It can do so much and has been nerfed to do so little.

sremick said:
If you're going to believe everything you read on the internet, you need to turn off your computer now and step away, for your own safety.

Go play checkers or something.

NEVER said I believed it my post stated I HEARD in which I did, if it is it is if not ohh well.

stugots said:
NEVER said I believed it my post stated I HEARD in which I did, if it is it is if not ohh well.
Regardless, be careful of what you spread around, especially unsubstantiated hearsay. rob585's mockery is right-on. All it does is create more work for those trying to help, as we get flooded with more people who are like "Hey I heard you could....." that need to be set straight.

If you can't come up with multiple reliable sources for something, assume it's not true.

sremick said:
Regardless, be careful of what you spread around, especially unsubstantiated hearsay. rob585's mockery is right-on. All it does is create more work for those trying to help, as we get flooded with more people who are like "Hey I heard you could....." that need to be set straight.

If you can't come up with multiple reliable sources for something, assume it's not true.

Spot On :thumbsup:

sremick said:

don't know how reliable they are (I didn't know the sites first hand) but it did come up multiple times during my search for the best SD card for the Wii

stugots said:
don't know how reliable they are (I didn't know the sites first hand) but it did come up multiple times during my search for the best SD card for the Wii

Any SD will do really. As long as it is formated (partitioned) correctly. FAT32 would be best. :yesnod:

Back