SD card questions

Some info:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/sdCards.jsp

and from Wikipedia:

"An SD card can be used for uploading photos as well as backing up saved game data and downloaded Virtual Console and WiiWare games. To use the SD slot for transferring game saves, an update must be installed. An installation can be initiated from the Wii options menu through an Internet connection, or by inserting a game disc containing the update. Virtual Console data cannot be restored to any system except the unit of origin.[99] An SD card can also be used to create customized in-game music from stored MP3 files, as first shown in Excite Truck, as well as music for the slideshow feature of the Photo Channel. Version 1.1 of the Photo Channel removed MP3 playback in favor of AAC support.

At the Nintendo Fall Press Conference in October 2008, Satoru Iwata announced that Wii owners would have the option to download WiiWare and Virtual Console content directly onto an SD card. The option would offer an alternative to "address the console's insufficient memory storage". The announcement stated that it would be available in Japan in the spring of 2009.[100] Nintendo made the update available on March 25, 2009. In addition to the previously announced functionalty, it lets the player load Virtual Console and WiiWare games directly from the SD card. The update allows the use of SDHC cards, increasing the limit on SD card size from 2 GB to 32 GB.[101]"

thanks, looks like i'm going to read through the support pages before I ask any more silly questions...:yesnod:

Now that the Wii console is compliant with SDHC cards I would like to swap out my old 2GB card with a higher capacity (and higher speed!) card. But I do have quite a bit of downloaded content on my old card that I would like transferred to my new one. Has anyone tried using a PC to transfer their data from one SD card to another?

I know that download purchase on the Wii shop channel can be re-downloaded without additional cost. But it would be much easier if one could just copy the data off the old card to the new one.

I brought a Micro SD card reader and now I am wondering that what is the maximum amount of memory a R4 card can take? What I mean is if i buy another micro SD card but one with higher gb can the r4 card take it ?

Has anyone tried using a PC to transfer their data from one SD card to another?
An easy way is to copy (bit by bit) from the original SD card on to the Console memory, and then back to the new SD card.

A touch laborious, but no problems of the PC file system messing up the content.

Back