SD card/Wii graphics

Tacos

Banned
Nov 15, 2006
Figured I'd just start one thread instead of two.

Can you put a movie on the SD card and watch it on the Wii?

Everyone talks about the graphics for the Wii being weak. Here are my thoughts.

I saw Superman Returns not too long ago. After I left, I thought, "that movie was not very good. The special effects were fun to look at, but the movie itself was not all that great." A movie is not good just because it has flashy special effects. The Wii is the same. It is not great because of its graphics. It is great because it has awesome games that play well. I wonder if the Superman Returns game would be any good for the Wii?

Just my thoughts.

Tacos said:
Figured I'd just start one thread instead of two.

Can you put a movie on the SD card and watch it on the Wii?

Everyone talks about the graphics for the Wii being weak. Here are my thoughts.

I saw Superman Returns not too long ago. After I left, I thought, "that movie was not very good. The special effects were fun to look at, but the movie itself was not all that great." A movie is not good just because it has flashy special effects. The Wii is the same. It is not great because of its graphics. It is great because it has awesome games that play well. I wonder if the Superman Returns game would be any good for the Wii?

Just my thoughts.

1) When it comes to video, the wii would play the video in whatever quality it is compressed in(format).

2) The wii doesn't come with a video player, so it doesn't really matter anyways.

RE: Playing Video from an SD -
vagrant said:
1) When it comes to video, the wii would play the video in whatever quality it is compressed in(format).

The Wii plays MOV files. They have to be a particular type of MOV, I dont have the specs right now. Just know that the Wii doesnt support the format my camera saves in even though it is a MOV.

2) The wii doesn't come with a video player, so it doesn't really matter anyways.

Indeed it does, Its called the Photo Channel.

There is a software to convert videos into the format that the Wii does play. Ill see if I can find it and post it or maybe another member will beat me to it.

RE: Graphics

Im not a graphic guy so it doesnt matter to me. Zelda TP looks sweet to me but ive only played it on widescreen HDTVs, I have no idea if I could do anything to make it better or worse and dont care to. I realize that not everyone thinks this way.

To answer your question take a look at the new SSM Brawl trailers. To me the animation looks very 3Dish. It doesnt look like these characters had come to life and will jump out of my TV, but They look damn amazing to me. Note I skipped getting a gamecube and still compare everything to Goldeneye.

-Bobby

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks. I am going to get a SD card today.

Back